Scenario: Adal - Inclusion of Islamic Game

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
Mrs.Jessica.x

Scenario: Adal - Inclusion of Islamic Game

Post by Mrs.Jessica.x » Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:29 pm

Hi everyone,

Can someone help or advise what they would do for the following, I don't know how to word it...

In an effort to strengthen relationships you ask Adal (Muslim parent) if there is anything you could include during outside playtime that Tariq enjoys. Adal mentions a traditional Islamic childhood game that Tariq enjoys playing.
Explain whether you would you include this game into the program and why.

I'm leaning towards not including it into the program as other parents may not be happy about it but also it may be good to include as it shows more cultural inclusiveness.. May also depend on the game?

Lorina

Re: Scenario: Adal - Inclusion of Islamic Game

Post by Lorina » Sun Apr 16, 2017 2:24 pm

No, I think that you should include it as it promotes inclusiveness... You could also ask other parents what outdoor games their children enjoy or other traditional games from their culture which can also be included... I think it's important to promote diversity and acceptance to the children...

:geek:,
Lorina