Safe Collection of Children

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
JesstheHufflepuff

Safe Collection of Children

Post by JesstheHufflepuff » Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:01 pm

Hi, I am a bit stuck on this assignment question. I have attempted these questions, but have not submitted them yet because I am not happy with my responses yet.

The front door bell rings and you let the staff know you will go to the door. A lady is there and states she is here to pick up Max. You have never seen her before. She says her name is Pam, Max’s grandmother, who has just arrived from Adelaide for a long weekend.

a) Outline your response to Pam’s request and the steps you will take to ensure Max gets home safely. Remember you are responsible for supervising the area outdoors, so include how you will communicate with other educators to ensure adequate supervision of children in this area. (Please list all steps you would carry out, including what you would say to the other educators.)
• I would tell the other two educators that I need to sort out an urgent matter and I will be back as soon as I can.
• I would say to Pam, “I am sorry, I do not know you and you are not on Max’s enrollment form, so can you let me ring up Max’s parents to confirm that you can pick him up?”
• If they say she is allowed, Pam can pick him up. If they don’t, I will tell Pam, “I cannot permit you to pick up Max and he will have to wait until his parents or his authority nominee arrives to pick him up.”

Am I on the right track? Have I done the requirements correctly for Education and Care National Regulations regarding 'collection of children'?

Lorina

Re: Safe Collection of Children

Post by Lorina » Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:16 pm

Once you have confirmed with the parents, Pam will need to show you proof of who she is. So, a drivers licence with a photo and her full name. Once she provides this information then she is able to sign Max out of care.

:geek:,
Lorina

JesstheHufflepuff

Post by JesstheHufflepuff » Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:14 pm

Thank you very much, Lorina! :thumbup:

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:40 pm

You're welcome!

:geek:,
Lorina