Provide care for children

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
funny

Provide care for children

Post by funny » Sun Aug 21, 2016 3:57 pm

I have been trying to do this question for some time now and am struggling and wondering if anyone has any ideas or help on where I can find out the information I need to answer these questions. Thank you
Case Study 3
You have recently commenced work in the two to three-year-old room at an early childhood education and care service. This service provides progressive meal times so that children can choose to eat when they are hungry, rather than according to a timetable. As part of this mealtime procedure, educators simply place food on a table and move away from the area. Children approach the table at their own leisure when they notice the snack or meal has been served. However you notice at times, not all children eat throughout the day, and they are not encouraged to eat by the educators.
You also notice during mealtimes educators stand to one side discussing personal matters until the children have finished eating. Yesterday, a two-year-old choked on a piece of meat and you were the only educator in the room who noticed.
Complete the following:
1. Which part of the Regulations is being breached?
2. Who should you consult in regards to the breaches in Regulations, and the lack of supervision provided by educators when children are eating and drinking at the service?
3. Give two examples of how children could be transitioned from their activities to meal times.
4. Outline two ways that you could include the children in the creation of a new transition within their daily routine.

strathjack

Re: Provide care for children

Post by strathjack » Mon Aug 22, 2016 3:00 pm

It breaches in the NQS 2.1.4 if you have a look there it is about health, safety, grouping, supervision etc.
2.2.1 relates to maintaining that all children have eaten and met nutrition requirements

If you look up http://files.acecqa.gov.au/files/Nation ... 130902.pdf it will also state in there what reg each standard correlates to.

Ring the department of early childhood to report breaches

For 3&4 just think of what you would do if you encountered that in a room

funny

Re: Provide care for children

Post by funny » Wed Aug 24, 2016 8:18 pm

thank you I found it after I posted this (of course always the way lol) but thank you again for your response