Procedural Ares Where Work Practices Could Be Improved

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
catnap
Helper
Helper

Procedural Ares Where Work Practices Could Be Improved

Post by catnap » Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:02 pm

Hi Lorina,
I am stuck on suggestions for this question.....List at least 10 procedural areas - situations where work practices could be improved to meet legal and ethical responsibilities - that might come under consideration when an organisation is looking at improvement situations?
Here's what I have thought of so far..... workers could undergo training sessions on a regular basis
Ensure staff's qualifications are kept up to date (first aid ect)
Hope you can assist with something else here?
Cheers :D

Lorina

Re: Procedural Ares Where Work Practices Could Be Improved

Post by Lorina » Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:33 pm

Ok, you mentioned training sessions but what training specifically? For this question, you need to identify at improving work situations. Such as staff training on guiding children's behaviour, posters on correct nappy change procedure in nappy areas, getting educators to regularly do a count of the children in the afternoon etc.

:geek:,
Lorina

catnap
Helper
Helper

Post by catnap » Thu Jun 22, 2017 4:06 pm

Thanks Lorina...oops sorry about typo with ares, as I meant areas! :giggle: Yes, Sorry I meaning to be a bit more specific with my training ideas.....I had already thought of nappy change area posters. I will keep working on it!
Thank you again
cheers Lesley :D

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:12 am

If you have a brief flick through the National Regulations this will help you get ideas on what you can do for legal requirements, as for ethical you can have a glance at the ECA - Code Of Ethics...

:geek:,
Lorina