Play and development

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
Sharl
Participator
Participator

Play and development

Post by Sharl » Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:13 am

Hi Lorina

Please can you check my answers.... These question came back to me.....
Case study A: Holistic development

Kurt is 6 years old, he recently enrolled at the School Age care service where you work as an assistance educator. Kurt is one of serveral childrenhis age at the service and he attends each day both before and after he goes to school. The lead educator you work with lets you know that kurt's Parents have recently seperated and while there are no parenting orders in place, his mother did say things have been a bit messy leading up to the seperation. Kurt;s mother is the parent you will have the most contact with as his father works away.
Kurst presents as a very quiet and withdrawn child- not unusual for a new enrolment. You and your colleagues buddy him up with one of the other children his age and work hard to help him feel comfortable at the service. You are carefull to find out what he likes and his interests are to help him engage with the resources and other children. After one month, Kurt still has not formed any friendship amongst his peers and generally engage with the educators if they speak to him first. His mother says he is becoming a little withdrawn at home as well. you begin to suspect that there might be an issue with Kurt's current/ emotional/ physchological

4. List the National Quality Standard and elements that link to this practice?

2.1.1Each child’s health needs are supported.
QA 5 - Relationships with Children
• 5.1 Respectful and equitable relationships are developed and maintained with each child.

Element 5.2.2 Each child is supported to manage their own behaviour, respond appropriately to the behaviour of others and communicate effectively to resolve conflicts.
standard element 5.1.3 each child is supported to feel secure confident

5. State the code and convention that applies in this suitation?

Article 2
States Parties shall respect and ensure the rights set forth in the present Convention to each child within
their jurisdiction without discrimination of any kind, irrespective of the child’s or his or her parent’s or legal guardian’s race, colour, sex, language, religion, political or other opinion, national, ethnic or social origin, property, disability, birth or other status.

I have nothing for Code of Ethics....
Please help me and please check if i am on the right track.....

Thank you
Sharlene

Sharl
Participator
Participator

Re: Play and development

Post by Sharl » Fri Aug 25, 2017 5:45 am

Hi Lorina

4. Standard 5.1 Respectful and equitable relationships are developed and maintained with each child.
Element 5.1.1 Interactions with each child are warm and responsive and build trusting relationships.

Partnerships with families and communities support shared responsibility for children’s learning, development and wellbeing

For Convention is Article 2 correct...

Please check my answers... I need to submit very soon...

Thank you
Sharlene

Sharl
Participator
Participator

Re: Play and development

Post by Sharl » Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:05 am

hi Lorina

Sorry i made a mistake with the above, i am really confused...

Standard 1.1
An Approved Learning Framework informs the development of a curriculum that enhances each child’s learning and development.
Element 1.1.1
Curriculum decision making contributes to each child’s learning and development outcomes in relation to their identity, connection with community, wellbeing, confidence as learners and effectiveness as communicators.

Are my answers correct now...