Learning Activites For Babies and Toddlers

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
slcfh

Learning Activites For Babies and Toddlers

Post by slcfh » Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:23 pm

Hi Lorina
I have this question that I need to answer and I lost the majority of my work that I had done on my assignment and now I have to start all over on a 200 page assignment. I could really use some help or guidence. Even some example if possible.

Plan and implement a series of three learning activities for three different babies and toddlers from 0-2 years (nine experiences in total). You need to cover each of the following categories throughout your learning activities:
• communication development (listening and talking)
• physical development (stability skills, locomotor skills and/or manipulative skills)
• creative development
• an activity to develop self-knowledge and awareness
• an activity for learning from the world around them.

• You need to ensure you have three focus children – three different babies and toddlers of varying ages.
• Start your planning by completing two observations on each of the three babies and toddlers to understand their developmental stage. Also, refer to the EYLF outcomes and indicators in your evaluation.
• Use a variety of observation templates as appropriate.
Hint: use a variety of documentation formats. You may like to use the service template or develop your own template for observations.
• Therefore, you will need to complete six observations in total.
• Ensure you plan and implement a series of learning activities (three in total) for each child, focusing on the areas of development identified.
Hint: you may consider how you may be able to integrate the learning across the various areas. You may also consider some group experiences.
• Therefore, you will need to complete nine experiences in total.
• In selecting your activities/experiences, think about what babies and toddlers can do at differing stages of development and your focus child’s stage of development.
• Thinking about and observing what the children can do will enable you to support their emerging skills and provide opportunities to practice and refine skills in the different areas and categories listed.
Hint: refer to emerging curriculum principles.
• Keep in mind that you can provide variations and adapt your activities to suit the varying ages and skill levels of the children.
• For each of the nine experiences, complete the Activity Plan that is provided.

Thanks

Lorina

Re: Learning Activites For Babies and Toddlers

Post by Lorina » Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:21 pm

In regards to the different observation methods, the following may help:

Different Types Of Observation Methods

Once you have completed your observation only then you can develop the learning experiences based on what you have observed...

:geek:,
Lorina