Law and ethics

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
misskitten81

Law and ethics

Post by misskitten81 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:58 pm

What are Scenarios where law and ethics overlap I have to do 3 I have 2 so far can someone help me think of a third please this is what I have so far

Question: For three (3) aspects of your organisation’s ethical policies (or the policy referred to by your Trainer/ Assessor), identify any instances where there is an overlap with legal requirements.

Answer: A minor client is having counselling sessions twice a week with a social worker, a parent asks about the sessions the social worker is torn between privacy act and confidentiality and the duty of care and the parents right to know about the child

Answer: A father who is separated from his wife comes to collect their child, the mother has previously told the centre that he has violent tendencies and to not allow the father to collect the child, there are no court orders in place. The centre has a duty of care to the child’s wellbeing and safety, but as there are no legal barriers the father has the same right to collect the child as the mother.