LA017470 - Standard, Elements and Wording

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
Blythe

LA017470 - Standard, Elements and Wording

Post by Blythe » Tue May 12, 2015 4:30 pm

Task 2: Question 2

Standard, Elements and Wording
I understand the Standard and the Elements but the Wording part I don't understand am I meant to write this
in my own word or am I missing something.

Thank You for any help.
Blythe
Last edited by Lorina on Fri Jul 17, 2015 6:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: topic heading has been edited

Blythe

Re: Culture Cluster LA017470

Post by Blythe » Wed May 13, 2015 6:11 pm

Sorry I may have been a bit vague. The question is

2) Access the National Quality Standard and list which standards and elements relate to cultural identity and cross cultural understandings. Consult your preferred Learning framework and identify the principle, practice or learning outcomes which reflect these standards.

NQS
Standard Element Wording
Standard 1.1
An approved learning framework informs the development of a curriculum that enhances each child’s learning and development.
Element 1.1.1
Curriculum decision making contributes to each child’s learning and development outcomes in relation to their identity, connection with community, wellbeing, confidence as learners and effectiveness as communicators.
Element 1.1.2
Each child’s current knowledge, ideas, culture, abilities and interests are the foundation of the program.

I relise that this is just the start but the wording part I didn't understand and I can't find anything to get an idea from.

Thank You

katiekurz

Re: Culture Cluster LA017470

Post by katiekurz » Thu Jul 16, 2015 11:16 am

I'm also stuck on the wording part. I don't understand what it means. do I just explain it in my own words? :/

Lorina

Re: LA017470 - Standard, Elements and Wording

Post by Lorina » Fri Jul 17, 2015 6:15 am

Hi Blythe,

I'm not sure but could the wording be for example "Each child’s current knowledge, ideas, culture, abilities and interests are the foundation of the program". Basically what it says in the NQS about cultural identity and cross cultural understandings. Although I'm not very sure...

:geek:,
Lorina

sibelk

Post by sibelk » Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:19 pm

I am actually confused on how to do the whole part and how it is supposed to be set out for the standard, element and wording... also principle, practice and learning outcome..

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Sat Aug 01, 2015 5:37 am

How about you just set it in a table format. 1st column - standard, 2nd column - element, 3rd column - wording and maybe a 4th column - linking to the framework where you can add the outcomes, principles and practices for each one you have chosen...

:geek:,
Lorina

yalda

Post by yalda » Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:40 pm

hello
I just got stuck in this question . can you give me some idea what to do
LA017470
2) Access the National Quality Standard and list which standards and elements relate to cultural identity and cross cultural understandings. Consult your preferred Learning framework and identify the principle, practice or learning outcomes which reflect these standards.

NQS
Standard Element Wording

EYLF (or other approved Learning Framework)
Principle Practice Learning Outcome

Blythe

Post by Blythe » Sun Oct 11, 2015 1:04 pm

Hi
Sorry I didn't look to see all the other comments
I found out what Wording is

Column 1 Column 2 Column 3
Standard Element Wording

Standard is the standard, Element is just the number of the Element and wording is the wording of said Element.

I am doing my Cert 3 through OTen and I don't know if this applies to everyone.
I rang OTen and they filled me in. I need to ring them more often they are always lovely and helpful, as you all are here at
*ACN* I'm nearly finished and I could not have done this without all your help.