Indoor Environment Design Rationale

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
Unicorn1120

Indoor Environment Design Rationale

Post by Unicorn1120 » Sat Oct 07, 2017 4:19 pm

Your task is to design an indoor play environment for a group of TWENTY 3-4 year old children in a long day care service.

Questions:

a) List the quiet and active experiences you have provided for children in your design- So far I have 'I have included a cozy quiet area where children can read books, do puzzles and drawing/colouring. I have also designed a dramatic play area on the other side of the room with different props and costumes.'

b) How have you designed the environment to enable children to engage comfortably in active and quiet experiences- the active areas such as dramatic play, block play, etc. are located at one end of the room while the quiet areas are in the other. The areas that are more popular are bigger and vice versa.

c) How does your design ensure supervision and safe access through the room- The space is open and all areas all visible to the educators. I need more info on this one...

Please help me!!!
Unicorn1120 :party:

Lorina

Re: Indoor Environment Design Rationale

Post by Lorina » Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:11 am

You're on the right track!

The following may help:

Benefits Of Interest Areas
Interest Areas In Childcare

:geek:,
Lorina

Unicorn1120