Green Proposal To Implement In Your Service

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
slcfh

Green Proposal To Implement In Your Service

Post by slcfh » Sat Aug 27, 2016 11:39 am

Hi I have a few questions that I need some help with...I don't necessarily need the answers, just some direction since my brain has decided it would be a good idea to just freeze and be distracted by everything! :sweating:

It would be great if somebody could just let me know where I could even find examples so I can figure it out for myself.

Part A: Proposal
Think of a simple green proposal to implement in your service or an early childhood education and care service you are familiar with. It might be an initiative to introduce the concepts of ‘reduce, re-use and recycle’ i.e. a recycling program, a program to reduce water usage or electricity use at the service, or an initiative that promotes the purchase of equipment and resources that are eco-friendly.
Discuss your idea with your supervisor, once you have agreed on what to implement, research some information that is relevant both to your idea and to the service. Think about the external sources you need to consult with.
Write a summary of your idea, including:
a) a brief outline of the proposal
b) a brief outline detailing your reason for suggesting it. To support your choice provide energy and resource usage information (i.e. water, electricity and gas usage information and bills, information about the service’s resource purchasing practices or the service’s vision/mission statement to identify its short-, medium- and long-term goals).
c) a list of any statutory legislation that was considered when determining an appropriate green proposal to implement e.g. a list of the different Acts and regulations that apply to implementing environmentally sustainable practices in an early childhood settings
d) a list of where information on the proposal was found
e) a brief summary of the information you have researched and the steps to implement the idea.

Collate the above information into a PowerPoint presentation, or similar, for submission to your assessor.

1. Describe how the green proposal’s implementation will be monitored and evaluated with the work team. To support your response develop a monitoring and evaluation plan and submit for your assessor. Your plan must show the following:

a) what you will be evaluating
b) who will be involved in the monitoring and evaluation process
c) what information you need
d) where this information will come from
e) who will be responsible for the data collection
f) who will evaluate the data
g) how it will be reported, including to who and when.

Thanks so much for any help. :thumbup:

Lorina

Re: Green Proposal To Implement In Your Service

Post by Lorina » Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:50 am

You can get some ideas from the following article:

Sustainability Practices In Childcare

:geek:,
Lorina

Lorina

Re: Green Proposal To Implement In Your Service

Post by Lorina » Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:51 am

Once you find an idea, you should be able to find more information on how to implement it within the centre...

:geek:,
Lorina