HLTWHS001 - Assessment assistance please

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
sklose

HLTWHS001 - Assessment assistance please

Post by sklose » Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:54 pm

Your Assignment Module Number and Heading: Participate in Workplace Health and Safety
Your Assignment Type: Standard Question
Currently Working in Childcare? Yes
Your knowledge: Beginner

Your Question?
Reflect on the roles of Educators across early childhood
a) A) Long day Centre-based care (LDC)
b) B) Family Day Care (FDC)
3.i.1.a.i.1. 1. Discuss how the role of the HSR would differ between the two approved education and care programs?
3.i.1.a.i.2. 2. What would you need to consider too ensure workplace health and safety is maintained within both programs?

a.i.2.a.i.1. Program – Consider how the role of the HSR (and responsibilities/who is responsible) would differ between an educator working in FDC and an Educator working in LDC.
a.i.2.a.i.2. LDC
a.i.2.a.i.3.

a.i.2.a.i.4. FDC

What is your answer so far or What have you done so far as an attempt to solve this question?
LDC be available to other staff members for any WHS questions they need answered, or for any reports that need to be made, report to director on a recurring basis (weekly, fortnightly, monthly etc...) to discuss any WHS issues, ensure that all relevant information regarding WHS issues is kept up to date.

FDC - Be available to parents and co-ordinators in regards to WHS issues, maintain the FDC enviroment to WHS standards, keep up to date on all relevant WHS information.

Description and Message:
Am I even on the right track? I feel like it needs more information, or I'm missing something vital that should be obvious to me but isn't. TIA :)

Lorina

Re: HLTWHS001 - Assessment assistance please

Post by Lorina » Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:34 am

Yes, you're on the right track with your response.

I also found the following information which may help:

http://www.ohsinecservices.org.au/node/5

:geek:,
L.A

sklose

Post by sklose » Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:51 pm

Thank you :)

Nishfat
Participator
Participator

Post by Nishfat » Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:26 pm

Hi Lorina ,
I get bit trouble in HLTWHS001 regarding two scenario.

Scenario 1 Flooding
During the day a burst water pipe floods the outdoor play space. Children and staff are unable to access this area and parents will have limited access to the Education and Care service to collect children in the afternoon.
Question 1 :What service policy/procedure would you follow to guide your response to this situation ?

Scenario 2 Hazards
You have recently started working at a small Preschool and After School care service that operates out of a community hall. The building and playground is run down due to multiple users and limited funds. You have noticed some hazards that have the potential to harm the health and wellbeing of others. You have reported these on the daily safety checklist but also have some ideas to further minimise risks to others.

Question 1: What policy/procedure would you follow to guide your response to this situation?
Question 2: What other workplace procedures could you participate in with the team to find situations?

Please get me back as soon as possible. I am really trouble on it.
Thanks
Nishfat

Nishfat
Participator
Participator

Post by Nishfat » Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:27 pm

Hi Lorina ,
I get bit trouble in HLTWHS001 regarding two scenario.

Scenario 1 Flooding
During the day a burst water pipe floods the outdoor play space. Children and staff are unable to access this area and parents will have limited access to the Education and Care service to collect children in the afternoon.
Question 1 :What service policy/procedure would you follow to guide your response to this situation ?

Scenario 2 Hazards
You have recently started working at a small Preschool and After School care service that operates out of a community hall. The building and playground is run down due to multiple users and limited funds. You have noticed some hazards that have the potential to harm the health and wellbeing of others. You have reported these on the daily safety checklist but also have some ideas to further minimise risks to others.

Question 1: What policy/procedure would you follow to guide your response to this situation?
Question 2: What other workplace procedures could you participate in with the team to find situations?

Please get me back as soon as possible. I am really trouble on it.
Thanks
Nishfat