HLTHIR404D - Advocate For Anti Racism

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
Amanda191982

HLTHIR404D - Advocate For Anti Racism

Post by Amanda191982 » Thu Apr 07, 2016 2:44 pm

I am in the process of completing this unit but this question is holding me back. I have text my tutor and she didn't really help and I didn't want to sound like an idiot by asking her to elaborate :(

The question is:

How it is possible to, and why in might be necessary to, advocate for anti-racism?

So far I have written:

Anti-racism is the policy or practice of facing racism and promoting racial tolerance. Anti-racism is meant to promote an equal society in which people do not face discrimination on the basis of their race.

I was given a link: https://itstopswithme.humanrights.gov.a ... tegy_0.pdf

But I couldn't find anything in there to help with answering.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

A.Blore

Re: HLTHIR404D Work Effectively with Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander People help

Post by A.Blore » Thu Jun 23, 2016 11:03 am

sounds like a good start but maybe elaborate on what impact it can have and why it is so important to not have racism in the service. for example the effects it can have on the children, educators and families? and what you would do to counteract that to make it a positive anti- racism atmosphere.