Help.

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
Aymee

Help.

Post by Aymee » Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:31 pm

Please Help.

For the second time now I have been sent back my Queston 5 Communicating fire safety on myassessment 2 Supporting children's health and wellbeing. I have to make up a basic fact sheet that includes information on high risk groups within the comunity. I keep looking at the website they have provided and I still can't come up with the right information needed.

Question 5 | Communicating fire safety
Develop a fact sheet for families on basic home fire safety. Your fact sheet is to include information
on high-risk groups within the community, behaviour that can contribute to fire injury and fatalities, recommended smoke alarm placement, installation and maintenance
The Australasian Fire and Emergency Service Authorities Council (AFAC) provides information on basic home fire safety and will assist you in completing this task: website: http://www.afac.com.au
Please upload a copy of this fact sheet with this assessment.

This is what I have written down.

1. By making sure you have smoke alarms near each room of the house and generally in appropriate places around the house and that they are easily heard by everyone while in the house. Fire alarms must be installed by an appropriate and qualified installer.

2. Maintaining Checking them every April 1st will help keep them active and in perfect working condition.

3. People at a high risk are those who live in bushy areas or fire prone areas. Another group of higher risk people are people who work with fire or use equipment that can cause fires, also people who smoke are at a higher risk of causing an accidental fire.

4. Taking all flammable liquids away from heat and moving them out of reach of children.

5. Regular cleaning of the lint filter from the dryer.

6. Removing all lighters and matches away from a child’s reach.

7. Making sure you have adult supervision while cooking in the kitchen.

8. Last but not least making sure no one is using fire in a way that could hurt or endanger people, animals or property.