Extending Learning and Development - Cert. 3

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
reverieland

Extending Learning and Development - Cert. 3

Post by reverieland » Tue May 24, 2016 9:36 pm

Hi!

I'm a second year, certificate three student. I'm nearing the end of my studies, but finding difficulty in answering a few minor questions. I was hoping I could get some assistance.

Question One:
Consider a child who is continually pushing their way past other children, knocking them over or disturbing their play. Think about the different approaches you would have if the child was an infant, toddler, a preschooler or a school-aged child. How would you initiate one-on-one interaction with the child? How would you developmentally appropriately help the child to understand and accept responsibility for their own actions?

Question Two:
Amanda is showing signs of frustration and is beginning to become upset. She has already lashed out at another child and has thrown the resource she was engaging with away. How will you acknowledge the child's feelings and support her to see mistake as opportunities to learn and feel better about herself? How would your reaction differ if it was an infant, a toddler, a preschooler or school-aged child?

I would appreciate any help or guidance, I'm quite stuck. I do have other questions I am struggling with too, but I will save them for another post if I can't figure them out.

Kind Regards.