Examples Of Diversity You Work With

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
klucas

Examples Of Diversity You Work With

Post by klucas » Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:35 pm

Hi, I was just wondering if someone could help me out on this question. I have answered the question I would just like to know if I'm on the right track, please
List at least 6 different examples of diversity that may relate to the clients, families, and colleagues you work with
-Colleagues or clients that are in the same sex relationship might be discriminated against.

-A colleague who might be a little older might get passed over for a promotion for a younger co-worker

-Clients who might have a disability might feel like they are being treated unfairly because of their disability.

-Families who are from a CALD communities might get angry and frustrated when other people might not understand what they are telling them

-Clients from different cultures might have quite definite views on the opposite sex providing services, for example, A single women might feel uncomfortable dealing with a male.

-Co-workers might have different religions. Some religions dictate that worship must be offered at specific times and these times may interfere with a work day. Or they might have to leave work early due to their worship times.

Lorina

Re: Examples Of Diversity You Work With

Post by Lorina » Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:33 pm

Yes, I think you're on the right track with your responses!

:geek:,
Lorina