Environments That Would Be Beneficial For Observations

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
MJ1991
Participator
Participator

Environments That Would Be Beneficial For Observations

Post by MJ1991 » Sun Sep 27, 2015 11:41 am

Hi all,

Having a bit of trouble here, I'm working on the unit 'Use information about children to inform practice' and stuck on this question 'List some environments that would be beneficial for observations'
I haven't really got an answer so far for this, rather I am trying to understand the meaning of the question, whether they mean environment as in surrounding area or more like situations e.g. observing children as a group, observing 1 child in a group and how that child interacts, observing 1 child playing independently etc.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
Kind regards,
Melanie.

Lorina

Re: Environments That Would Be Beneficial For Observations

Post by Lorina » Sun Sep 27, 2015 1:27 pm

Hi Melanie,

Like you have suggested I think "environments" they are referring to is observing a child outdoors, observing a child indoors, observing a child within the routine, observing a child in a group, observing a child independently, observing a child with an educator. I think these are all different "environments"...

Hope this helps,

:geek:,
Lorina