Educators Acknowledge and Support Children's Family and Culture

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
momotayeasmin
Contributor
Contributor

Educators Acknowledge and Support Children's Family and Culture

Post by momotayeasmin » Wed Feb 03, 2016 8:07 pm

How can Educators acknowledge and support children’s family and culture? Educators can:
One way Educators can demonstrate cultural competence is by exploring the culture of each family using the service. Once sufficient knowledge is obtained, this knowledge needs to be applied to the centre program and service

I gave this answer but my Educator told me that
Great, you are on the right track. You will explore cultures of families enrolled at service, however in your response you will need to include strategies in reference to

Principle 2 Partnerships,

Principle 4 respect and Diversity

Outcome 1 Children have a Strong Sense of Identity

But I have no idea how can I give the answer.

Someone please help me?

momotayeasmin
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Educators Acknowledge and Support Children's Family and Culture

Post by momotayeasmin » Sat Feb 13, 2016 11:27 am

One way Educators can demonstrate cultural competence is by exploring the culture of each family using the service. Once sufficient knowledge is obtained, this knowledge needs to be applied to the centre program and service.
According to Principle 2 Educators can working in partnerships with families within the early childhood setting. Creating a warm and welcoming environment for all children and their families. Collaborating with childcare professionals, parents, people within the community to ensure learning experiences are meaningful for the children.
According to Principle 4 respecting, valuing and reflecting the values and beliefs of families. Show consideration and respect of cultures, languages, histories, traditions, family lifestyle practices of all families. Promote a greater understanding of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders
According to Outcome 1 Children develop knowledgeable and confident self identities by promote in all children a strong sense of who they are and their connectedness to others – a shared identity as Australians. ensure all children experience pride and confidence in their achievements. share children’s successes with families. show respect for diversity, acknowledging the varying approaches of children, families, communities and cultures. acknowledge and understand that children construct meaning in many different ways. demonstrate deep understanding of each child, their family and community contexts in planning for children’s learning. provide children with examples of the many ways identities and culture are recognized and expressed. build upon culturally valued approaches to learning. build on the knowledge, languages and understandings that children bring. talk with children in respectful ways about similarities and differences in people. provide rich and diverse resources that reflect children’s social worlds. listen to and learn about children’s understandings of themselves. actively support the maintenance of home language and culture. develop authentic children’s understanding of themselves
Is that correct?

shree

Re: Educators Acknowledge and Support Children's Family and Culture

Post by shree » Thu Jun 15, 2017 3:52 pm

Hi,

I am actually working on this question, just wondering if above reply is correct. As here asking for only three ways.