Dynamic of abuse

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
Shal

Dynamic of abuse

Post by Shal » Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:40 am

Hi can someone please help me with this question? It came back not yet satisfactory.

e. Alyssa is a seven-year-old girl. Her mother is a very figure-conscious woman who was popular among the boys in her class during her younger years. Whenever Alyssa wants to eat sweets for snacks and dessert, her mother would often make comments like, “Don’t eat too much. You’ll get fat and not have a boyfriend when you’re older” or “Boys only like slim girls.” This scares Alyssa, and compels her not to eat sweets.

Is this a dynamic of abuse?
Yes or No

If yes, what is Alyssa’s mother abusing?
a) Alyssa’s age
b) Alyssa’s gender
c) Alyssa’s disability
d) Alyssa’s culture
e) Alyssa’s sexuality

I picked YES and a) Alyssa's age
But now i am not even sure if this is a dynamic of abuse.

Please help
Thank you
Shal

RochelleSmith

Re: Dynamic of abuse

Post by RochelleSmith » Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:33 pm

I am stuck on this exact same question - I originally went with yes and her age but Im just not sure? I know its some sort of mental abuse that may cause problems later on with Alyssa's self-esteem etc. But I'm not sure what one it comes under!!

Can someone please help!!!

Cheers
Rish

Lorina

Re: Dynamic of abuse

Post by Lorina » Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:23 am

This may help with understanding:

Dynamics of Abuse

:geek:,
Lorina