Culture Cluster

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
Breewright23

Culture Cluster

Post by Breewright23 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:41 pm

Hi, I am currently doing my culture cluster and having some trouble with my two scenarios.

First scenario is; A new family from Greece has just enrolled in your service. The child Markos will be starting in care next week. The family have brought Markos to your Kindergarten room to meet your Lead Educator and you.

The questions i need help with are;

1- How would you ensure a welcoming atmosphere and that you were culturally appropriate and effective in supporting the child and family to settle into your Kindergarten room?
3- How would you check whether your care practices were meeting their needs?
4- How would you respond to the family when they had questions, concerns or requests?
7- Identify three strategies on how you can share information with families about their childs progress, relationships, interests and experiences both in and outside the service?
8- If you need further support in relation to cultural diversity issues, who would you contact?

Second scenario is; You live in Brisbane and have just secured a position in a Remote Early Childhood Service which is located in an Indigenous Community in the Cape York area.

1. What steps could you take, and who would you consult with in preparing yourself, prior to moving to your new job in reference to community protocols?

How would you engage with the indigenous people, who use english as a second language?