Scenario: Anshul's Tower - Linking Outcomes For His Learning

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
Fati

Scenario: Anshul's Tower - Linking Outcomes For His Learning

Post by Fati » Wed Feb 11, 2015 3:12 pm

Hi everyone,
I really need a help with this case study

Anshul's Tower
Anshul, Adian and Jake (3 years 5 months) spent the morning and part of the afternoon working on their construction. As usual Anshul went straight to the blocks on arrival and started to work on his structure. It seems that Anshul always has a plan in mind and can't wait to get started!
Anshul was joined by Aidan and then Jake. Anshul quietly details what he is building to his peers. While Anshul continues to work on his plan he is happy to slow the other children to add their own ideas.
He asks questions and listens carefully as the other children explain their ideas. Occasionally he gives positive feedback. "that's good Aidan".
"I can make these cylinders balance", Anshul tells Aidan. It's interesting to see that Anshul has placed the larger cylinder on the smaller cylinder.
Anshul continually stands back to lol at his structure from different perspective. He looks carefully at the base of his structure and tells Jake that "the bottom part has to be flat".
When the boys had finished their construction the educator smiled and complimented their efforts "wow boys you've worked well together to build this fantastic tower". She also suggested to Anshul that he may like to attempt to draw his construction. Anshul draws on his experience in construction, his prior knowledge and concept development to create elaborate and sound structures. The educator later adds photos of his structure to Anshul's personal co construction log
book. Anshul is able to dictate what he wants the educator to write in the log book.

Questions :
1. The Early Years Learning Framework Learning Outcome 4: children are confident and involved learners, is demonstrated when
Anshul........

2. The Early Years Kearning Franrwork Learning Outcome 5: children are effective communicators, is demonstrated when Anshl.......

3. How has the educator demonstrated interest and enjoyment in Anshul's tower play?

4. Suggest one question that the educator could ask Anshul about his structure or construction techniques to promote and his cognitive learning?

Thanks guys
Last edited by Lorina on Sat Feb 14, 2015 5:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: topic heading has been edited

Lorina

Re: Scenario: Anshul's Tower - Linking Outcomes For His Learning

Post by Lorina » Sat Feb 14, 2015 5:13 am

Please post your response in order to receive support.

The question clearly states which outcomes you should be looking at so use the following document to help you link the outcomes with the scenario:

How Children Achieve Outcomes

:geek:,
Lorina

momotayeasmin
Contributor
Contributor

Post by momotayeasmin » Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:04 pm

The Early Years Learning Framework Learning Outcome 5: Children are effective communicators, is demonstrated when Anshul:
When Aidan gave an idea that time Occasionally Anshul gives positive feedback. “That’s good Aidan.”I think this one tell effective communicators.

QUESTION 1 (C)

How has the Educator demonstrated interest and enjoyment in Anshuls tower play?
When the boys had finished their construction the Educator smiled and complimented their efforts “Wow boys you’ve worked well together to build this fantastic tower.” She also suggested to Anshul that he may like to attempt to draw his construction.
QUESTION 1 (D)

Suggest one question that the Educator could ask Anshul about his structure or construction techniques to promote language and his cognitive learning.

Is it correct?

Please help me to answer those question

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:30 am

Yes, you're on the right track with your response! :thumbup:

Lorina

momotayeasmin
Contributor
Contributor

Post by momotayeasmin » Tue Aug 04, 2015 8:19 pm

Suggest one question that the Educator could ask Anshul about his structure or construction techniques to promote language and his cognitive learning.

I need help to answer this question, :?: :?:

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:48 pm

Maybe something like: "Anshul, it look like your very interested in building with blocks, can you tell me how you got the cylinders to balance".

Lorina

nemodori
Contributor
Contributor

Post by nemodori » Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:59 pm

Hey, what did you answer for
Q1 - The Early Years Learning Framework Learning Outcome 4: children are confident and involved learners, is demonstrated when Anshul..

Silbrown
Participator
Participator

Post by Silbrown » Sun Jun 19, 2016 6:03 pm

in respect on this scenario I made the following answers and came back as wrong,
i would like a bit of guidance cause I though there were ok and I cannot think about any other format

the assessor say please provide examples from the scenario and is what I did,,, I am talking about the scenario...

tia!

The Early Years Learning Framework Learning Outcome 4: Children are confident and involved learners, is demonstrated when Anshul:
follow and extend their own interests with enthusiasm, energy and concentration
initiate and contribute to play experiences emerging from their own ideas

are curious and enthusiastic participants in their learning

use play to investigate, imagine and explore ideas

persevere and experience the satisfaction of achievement .

engage in enjoyable interactions using verbal and non-verbal language persist even when they find a task difficult

Question 1 (b)

The Early Years Learning Framework Learning Outcome 5: Children are effective communicators, is demonstrated when Anshul:
Engage in enjoyable interactions using verbal and non-verbal language
respond verbally and non-verbally to what they see, hear, touch, feel and taste .

Use language and representations from play, music and art to share and project meaning
contribute their ideas and experiences in play, small and large group discussions .

Interact with others to explore ideas and concepts, clarify and challenge thinking, negotiate and share new understandings .

Exchange ideas, feelings and understandings using language and representations in play.

Demonstrate an increasing understanding of measurement and number using vocabulary
to describe size, length, volume, capacity and .names of numbers.

Express ideas and feelings and understand and respect the perspectives of others

use language to communicate thinking about quantities to describe attributes of objects
and collections, and to explain mathematical ideas

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:44 am

The examples you added are from the learning outcomes. I think your assessor wants you to add examples from the scenario yourself. You added:
Silbrown wrote:QR_BBPOST follow and extend their own interests with enthusiasm, energy and concentration initiate and contribute to play experiences emerging from their own ideas

Where is this within the scenario?

Lorina