CHCPRT001 - Quotes Relating To Child Abuse

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
Pixinix

CHCPRT001 - Quotes Relating To Child Abuse

Post by Pixinix » Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:08 pm

Hi, If anyone could give me some help on my assessment would be much appreciated !

Question:
Read the following quotes relating to child abuse:
1. ‘Child abuse and neglect offend the basic values of our state. We have a responsibility to provide safe settings for at-risk children.’ (Matt Blunt)

2. ‘The only reason why child abuse is alive today, is because we as adults fail our children when we fail to listen to them. Listen to a child today!’ (Heather McClane)

3. ‘I believe the best service to the child is the service closest to the child, and children who are victims of neglect, abuse, or abandonment must not also be victims of bureaucracy. They deserve our devoted attention, not our divided attention.’ (Kenny Guinn)

Provide a response to these quotes with regard to identifying and responding to children and young people at risk.

MY ANSWER:
1. We have a responsibility to provide safe settings for at-risk children, at risk children are those that are suffering from neglect, domestic abuse and sexual abuse. The government has a responsibility to protect the most vulnerable people from harm and to provide a safe environment for them.
2. The main reason that child abuse is alive today is because we as adults fail to listen to children. It may be because we as adults don't wish to believe that these issues can occur.
3.This statement focuses on adults not giving children our undivided attention when issues arise and we do not devote enough effort to determine their best interests. When we talk about "best interests" of children, we should be primarily concerned with their essential needs, helping children grow and develop, and achieve their capabilities to the maximum extent possible.
We as adults and professionals must make certain the children are the focus and that their best interests are always considered.

My trainer's response was - RESUBMIT: your answer needs to reflect the knowledge / learning you have done while completing this unit. You need to include responses which include - maintaining confidentiality, working ethically etc.

PLEASE HELP .. what else could I add?

belinda89

Re: CHCPRT001 - Quotes Relating To Child Abuse

Post by belinda89 » Tue May 07, 2019 12:56 pm

did you end up finding the answer you were after?

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Wed May 08, 2019 1:31 pm

belinda89 wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 12:56 pm
did you end up finding the answer you were after?

What do you need help with exactly?

Did you look through the links I posted above?

:geek:,
Lorina

belinda89

Post by belinda89 » Wed May 08, 2019 4:49 pm

I did and managed to find the answer thanks for that one

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Sat May 11, 2019 6:22 pm

You're welcome!

:geek:,
Lorina