CHCLEG001 Working legally and ethically

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
Leeny76

CHCLEG001 Working legally and ethically

Post by Leeny76 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:05 pm

Hi all,

A query regarding Assignment 1 short answer questions.

The assignment question 5 says:

"List three (3) ways your employer can provide duty of care and address the rights of all employees"

I am not sure how to read this question. Does it mean list three ways employers provide duty of care and three ways employers address the rights of all employees? As in six employer actions altogether? Or a combination of the two? Like maybe, one way they provide duty of care and two ways they address rights of employees? Or does it ask for three actions which do both at once?

I'm probably over complicating this, but my brain seems to have seized up reading the question :roll: .

This is what I have so far:

Providing duty of care:
1) Provide a safe physical environment (e.g. blocking children’s access to kitchen, using safety fences and gates)
2) Ensure safe storage and placement of hazardous materials (e.g. cleaning materials, nappy bins)
3) Provide adequate first aid equipment and have readily accessible any action plans for children with allergies etc.

I started then to think of examples of addressing employees rights and realised maybe I was writing too much

Yolanda
Participator
Participator

Re: CHCLEG001 Working legally and ethically

Post by Yolanda » Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:08 pm

what about
Employers have to make sure that staff have the right equipment to do their work safely.
Employers must ensure that staff have sufficient training to be able to use equipment and materials safely eg diluting cleaning supplies.

Yolanda

Leeny76

Post by Leeny76 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:39 pm

Thanks for that, that's helpful. Think I'll just write six examples. Might be overkill but better too much than not enough. I didn't know staff would be diluting cleaning supplies...interesting. I've only worked in primary schools until now the early years role is new to me.

Yolanda
Participator
Participator

Post by Yolanda » Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:04 pm

not all child care centers have to dilute cleaning supplies but some do. Milton is the main one they do in the babies room for dummies and bottles.