CHCFC301A-Support the development of children

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
charline
Participator
Participator

CHCFC301A-Support the development of children

Post by charline » Sun Jun 26, 2011 4:48 pm

Hi
Need some help answering Question 1 birth-12years. Development for each: :?
Physical
language
social/emotional
creative
congnitive

I need two experiences for each.
Thanks
Charline

Lorina

Re: CHCFC301A-Support the development of children

Post by Lorina » Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:37 pm

Hi Charline,

Just thought I'd let you know that you can find Children's Games and Activities on this site itself under Resources.

The games and activities are broken down into the developmental areas you are referring to as well as the ages you require. It also provides you with information on materials, what to do, etc. and each game has the developmental milestones that can be achieved.

Click here to go to Children's Activities and Games.

:geek:,
L.A

charline
Participator
Participator

Post by charline » Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:07 pm

L.A wrote:Hi Charline,

Just thought I'd let you know that you can find Children's Games and Activities on this site itself under Resources.

The games and activities are broken down into the developmental areas you are referring to as well as the ages you require. It also provides you with information on materials, what to do, etc. and each game has the developmental milestones that can be achieved.

Click here to go to Children's Activities and Games.

L.A
Hi L.A,

Thank you for taking time to help me. It as been a great help. :)

Kind regards,
Charline

Educater
Participator
Participator

Post by Educater » Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:52 am

hey charline i have done this same thing in my certficate three....i just have to look up where i have saved it
ithink its in my usb....gota look for that and then i'll post exactly what u neeed..indeed i did 3 activties for eachgroup...so don't bother doing it ..i'll post it in few hours from now ...then have a look..i hope it will help u out a lot..so just hang on and i'll get it for you

charline
Participator
Participator

Post by charline » Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:09 pm

Educater wrote:hey charline i have done this same thing in my certficate three....i just have to look up where i have saved it
ithink its in my usb....gota look for that and then i'll post exactly what u neeed..indeed i did 3 activties for eachgroup...so don't bother doing it ..i'll post it in few hours from now ...then have a look..i hope it will help u out a lot..so just hang on and i'll get it for you

Hi Nida

Thank you for taking time to reply to my message.

Kind regards,
Charline :)

charline
Participator
Participator

Post by charline » Sat Jul 02, 2011 8:34 pm

Hi Nida

Wanted to know if you had some time to look for that assignment.

Kind regards
Charline :)

Educater
Participator
Participator

Post by Educater » Sat Jul 02, 2011 8:37 pm

yes i have got it ..i am just trying to figure out ...how do you attach the file ..like a word file...got any ideas...havnt done it before..i am sorry took so long to find out the usb and then just was really busy or gim me ur email address and i'll attach the file and send it off right now

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:18 am

Hi Educater,

Just some info since it seems you were wondering how to attach the 'word' file. We have just updated some new features on 'attachments' in this forum. That means, now our members (who have done more than 3 posts) are able to send attachments via Private messages (or) email (can be accessed via User Control Panel on your left menu bar). You can even include the attachments in the posts if you dont mind sharing it publicly...Because of this update, you are now able to attach files with different extensions like word files, pdf files, images files, etc..

Please note that these changes were made only recently and if you have tried to do this last week, you might not have been able to attach the files successfully. However, now that this feature is updated, you should be able to send the attachment without any problems. So try it out and tell me if you have any problems...

Important: Please be advised that we DO NOT encourage exchanging assignments. However, you may use this feature to send files to support the research required in completing the assignment!

L.A

fchaudari76
Scholar
Scholar

Post by fchaudari76 » Sun Jul 03, 2011 2:55 pm

If you do a quick search you can find many sites with Child Development milestones etc on the internet.
I remember starting this assignment before they said I could RPL it and I got all the info off the internet... it was fairly easy

charline
Participator
Participator

Post by charline » Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:04 pm

Hi there

Wanted to know if you help me with this topic Part B I don't know what they asking for: Outline the process used in the your service to observe, record and report concerns with a child's social, emotional and/or psychological developmet. (a copy of forms used may be inclued)

Kind regards
Charline

fchaudari76
Scholar
Scholar

Post by fchaudari76 » Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:38 pm

It means that you will have to write down the step by step processes involved if you are ever worried about a Child's social, emotional and/or psychological development.
Your workplace may have a different protocol for observing such children and recording their progress... so if you have forms etc that you use for this purpose you include them with this answer.
Eg (pretend this was the protocol of my workplace ) If I had concerns about a Child 1st step was to get a set of observations which clearly showed the area of concern and then go to the director. Next step was the Director would herself ... next step she would assess the child or take her own observations....next step speak to parents to see if child was showing these problems at home....and so forth
so basically just list the steps 1. 2. 3...
You can take this question to your workplace and ask them what their process is

Educater
Participator
Participator

Post by Educater » Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:48 am

hi charline,
iam so really sorry for such a delay reply but here i have got what i have done for activities for children for the age of 0 -12 aand within each developmental areas....i hope this is what u needed
and with the next question you have posted well...its really easy ...there is a developmental checkist form which you have to do to see how the childs developmental areas are going and i have got that form..but i need to scan it and then i will be able to post it or i'll check on the web if i can find one and then i'lll post it..okiez...this is what they use in FDC family day care to see childrens developmental
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Educater
Participator
Participator

Post by Educater » Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:54 am

hi charline,
this is a great website...its got how u can make sure if the childs development is appropriate for their age and it covers all of the areas...pphysical,social,emotional
have a look maybe this will help u out
but u have to put it into a checklist form your self

so make three columns and put in headings developmental area such as social..yes and no and comments column
and write down into it ..
http://www.child-development-guide.com/ ... stone.html

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:02 pm

Hi Charline,

You can find a lot of info on Child development in this website itself. Just go to "Resources" and click on "Child Stages of Development". Here you can find the various development that a child go through in each stages - from infants to school-age. There are info on Physical Development, language development, social & emotional development, Cognitive development, developmental milestones achieved, etc..etc..

Here is the link: http://www.aussiechildcarenetwork.com/c ... opment.php

Just thought i will give you this link if you need some pointers or info on various child milestones achieved in order to complete this assignment...

fefe76 and Educater have given a few good points..

L.A

charline
Participator
Participator

Post by charline » Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:51 pm

Hi all,

Wanted to say thank you for all your help and suggestions on this assignment.

Kind regards,
Charline

karen

Post by karen » Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:17 pm

I am looking for ideas for a play kit that I need to make as part of this module, any ideas??

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:05 pm

Hi Karen,

Not too sure if this is correct but if I was making a "Play Kit" I would add items like:

- colouring books & pencils

- puzzles (laminate magazine pictures and cut them into puzzle pieces)

-small blocks

-magazines and scissors (for cutting)

- blank paper and writing materials (for drawing)

-balls (for games)

-story books

Cheers :geek:,
L.A

karen

Post by karen » Sat Jul 16, 2011 5:34 pm

Thankyou so much for your reply, will do

sheetu1983

Post by sheetu1983 » Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:35 am

Hi Nida,

Thanks for your help. Wanted your help for the same Question . Can you please send me the answer too if possible. I am stuck and dont know how to get start with it .Please help.

Thanks again.

Regards,
Sheetu

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:27 pm

Hi Sheetu,

I have deleted your other duplicate topic since you have asked the same question here. Also did you check out the link to the Children's Games and Activities on this site that was suggested before?

L.A