CHCECE010 - Supporting Child's Social Skills and Emotional Development

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
erin_1325

CHCECE010 - Supporting Child's Social Skills and Emotional Development

Post by erin_1325 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:35 pm

I have this question i am stuck on, any advice or suggestions would be very much appreciated.TIA
Q. Read each of the following scenarios and suggest a strategy that the Educator could use to support the child’s social and emotional development.

SCENARIO:
Tilly (4years 6 months) is crying because the other girls have excluded her from their play because Tilly was being too bossy and would not share the equipment.

STRATEGY:
Join in with them and Suggest everyone takes it in turns to play with the equipment so everyone gets a turn.
Support language understanding by scaffolding turn-taking and saying, for example, "Now it's Isaac’s turn. Now it's Amy's turn." Ensuring to give praise for each turn that is taken.
SCENARIO:
Harry (4 years) is quiet and shy. He tends to talk so softly he can barely be heard. He usually talks with his head bowed.
STRATEGY:
Encourage Harry to talk with and play with other children, even unfamiliar children. Sit with Harry at a table and talk with the closest other child. included Him in the conversation. EG: Jack is drawing a picture of a dinosaur, "You like dinosaurs too, don't you Harry? What's your favourite one?"
Keep alternating talking to the other child and Harry.
SCENARIO:
Clancy (4years 7months) complains that nobody every listens to her. Clancy tends to talk over others and has a loud voice.
STRATEGY:
I am stuck with this one.
SCENARIO:
Arran (4years 4months) appears unaware of how others might be feeling. He does not seem to pick up on body language/facial expressions.
STRATEGY:
I am stuck with this one also.

Am I correct with the other two? Any advice for the last two?

erin_1325

Re: CHCECE010 Support the holistic development of children in early childhood

Post by erin_1325 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:42 pm

Please help. I have to have it submitted by Friday.

Lorina

Re: CHCECE010 - Supporting Child's Social Skills and Emotional Development

Post by Lorina » Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:00 pm

Yes, you're on the right track with your responses!

For Clancy - I would engage in group play with the other children as she starts to get loud or begin to talk over others I would gently suggest that she hears what her friend has to say and once they had finished talking she can come up with her suggestion. You could also role model the right way to wait for others to speak before talking.

For Arran - I would probably have a group discussion on feelings, body language, act out different scenarios and how to pick up on body language. Read stories etc.

Hope this gives you some ideas!

:geek:,
Lorina

erin_1325

Re: CHCECE010 - Supporting Child's Social Skills and Emotional Development

Post by erin_1325 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 1:51 pm

Thank you Lorina :kiss: