CHCECE007 Develop positive and respectful relationships with children

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
Jesspryor
Participator
Participator

CHCECE007 Develop positive and respectful relationships with children

Post by Jesspryor » Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:31 pm

Reese, 4 years, is working beside Destiny, 3 years, at the painting easel. You are sitting within hearing distance. After painting for a few minutes, Destiny moves around to Reese and paints a blob of thick green paint in the middle of his paper. Reese stops and looks at Destiny. He pauses for a moment then says, ‘Destiny, that is really bad and I am angry. I should paint on your work and see how you like it. But I won’t, I will just tell you not to be naughty.’
Reese calls to you to come and help, as he bursts into tears.

b) What would you say and do if Destiny threw the paint brush across the room, fell down screaming and tried to kick the easel over? Describe the language, gestures, facial expressions or tones of voice you would use.
I would use a stern voice while looking Destiny in the eyes and tell her that, that behavior is not okay and she needs to stand up, apologize and then clean up her mess from throwing the paint brush.
can some one tell me Is that the right sort of answer?