CHCECE006 - Analysing Behaviours Of Concerns

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
young
Participator
Participator

CHCECE006 - Analysing Behaviours Of Concerns

Post by young » Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:58 am

Our Assignment Module Number and Heading: CHCECE006 SUPPORT BEHAVIOUR OF CHILDREN AND YOUNG PEOPLE
Your Assignment Type:
Your knowledge: Beginner

Hi, Lorina,I am stuck on this question please guide me. Thank you.

question 1: Analysing Behaviours of Concern BEHAVIOUR 1
The children are playing outdoors. M.H. is riding a red tricycle. And A.H. is grabbing the tricycle and biting M.H.'s hands. And then A.H. begin to cry loudly but M.H. has not reacted yet. I separate them, Linda checks M.H.'s hands in the first time. I take A.H. away from the quiet place.
Purpose/Function of the Behaviour for the child: (i.e. what is the usual outcome for the child? What does the child gain from the behaviour?)
answer:
The reason he bites is wanting to play the red tricycle.
I stop him and take him away to a quieter area. And he did not get the result he expected. He wants to play the red tricycle, but he is unable to express his needs. The result of his bite is that the other kids do not like to play with him. If we do not guide him, he will do it more frequently. These experiences, leaving him isolated and depressed and depriving his opportunities to develop and practice the social skills he desperately needs, may hurt his self-esteem and self-confidence.

feedback: You are to write your response in general. This time child needs bike what happens at other times? Make a generalised statement.

question 2: Analysing Behaviours of Concern BEHAVIOUR 2
I ask the children to pick up the toys and then sit around the table to draw a picture. M.H. turns away to refuse to pick up toys. I encourage him to pick up the toys with other children, but he picks up a toy and throws it to a child, and kicks the toy bucket, and then lies on the floor with loudly crying. Then I take him away from the play area quickly.
Does the behaviour occur in different settings and/or contexts? (Look at the different contexts the behaviour occurs in, what happened before, who was involved, the specific activities taking place and the time when the behaviour occurred).
answer:
Yes, the behaviour occurs in different settings and different contexts.
Before the transition, I did not give the child a tip in advance. he does not know what is happening in the following. he is disappointed about having to stop. So, he refuses to pick up toys and lies on the floor with loudly crying.
M.H also wants to get more attention and praise from educators. He will love helping to pack away when Linda instead of I asking him. Because Linda will inform the children in advance, so that children can have a well prepared. And she always says: It's time for everyone to pack away now. M.H,after you tidying up, it will make our room looking very clean. Thanks M.H for picking up the toys with me. That's very kind of you.
feedback: Just need to name the play areas/ indoor/ outdoor environment where the behavior occurs.

Lorina

Re: CHCECE006 - Analysing Behaviours Of Concerns

Post by Lorina » Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:57 pm

Your responses are good...

For the first one - you noticed that the child bites when he wants something so generally the child is unable to use his words when wants something or to share.

For the second one - as the feedback says just name the areas mentioned in the point.

:geek:,
Lorina

young
Participator
Participator

Post by young » Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:15 pm

Lorina wrote:Your responses are good...

For the first one - you noticed that the child bites when he wants something so generally the child is unable to use his words when wants something or to share.

For the second one - as the feedback says just name the areas mentioned in the point.

Lorina

Hi, Lorina. Thanks for your prompt reply. I am a little confused about the second one. would you like to talk to me in detail?

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:58 pm

Sure you mentioned that the behaviour occurs during transitions... which particular transitions inside to outside or when transitions are particular long to wait while washing hands etc.

Where does he refuse to pick up the toys inside/ outside or both?

If it's happening in the indoor environment you have to mention "during indoor play" etc.

Hope this helps!

Lorina