CHCECE004- Easter egg hunt.

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
Ebony

CHCECE004- Easter egg hunt.

Post by Ebony » Tue Mar 03, 2015 4:10 pm

b) List four ways you could provide information to families about the inclusion of ‘discretionary’ or ‘sometimes’ food items in the service’s program.
To provide information to families about the inclusion of discretionary food items I could ?? (Stuck on this one)

c) Outline how you would lead and facilitate this experience to ensure that food safety and hygiene standards are maintained throughout the Easter egg hunt.

(My answer so far)
To ensure that food safety and hygiene standards are maintained throughout the Easter egg hunt I would:
-Make sure that the Easter eggs are wrapped up so that the food inside doesn't become contaminated.
-Only hide them right before the Easter egg hunt so they are still fresh and haven't been sitting in the sun for too long.

Ebony

Re: CHCECE004- Easter egg hunt.

Post by Ebony » Tue Mar 03, 2015 4:32 pm

For question B, I have come up with:
Newsletters, Notice boards and meetings. I need one more!

Lorina

Re: CHCECE004- Easter egg hunt.

Post by Lorina » Wed Mar 04, 2015 5:57 pm

Hi Ebony,

For b) how about information brochures, fact sheets on appropriate foods, a copy of the services nutrition policy.

For c) you could also include: keeping the Easter eggs out of the sun and off the ground, encouraging children to wash their hands before opening and eating them, making sure there aren't insects in the area, adding a few eggs in a clear plastic pouch (or cellophane tied in ribbon) that each child must find rather than having separate eggs...

I also noticed that you locked this forum topic. This means that other users are unable to assist you with your question. Were you meant to do this?

Hope this helps,

:geek:,
Lorina