CHCECE003 - Encourage Level Of Participation Based On Child's Abilities

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
bornnbrednz

CHCECE003 - Encourage Level Of Participation Based On Child's Abilities

Post by bornnbrednz » Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:11 pm

SECTION 2: Activity 2:

Objectives: To provide you with an opportunity to encourage each child’s level of participation in physical activities according to the child’s abilities and their level of comfort with activities, engage in outdoor play and foster children’s participation in physical activities.

Question 3

Complete the following;

Create an outdoor physical activity that encourages children of all abilities and comfort levels to participate. Include:

➢ Adjustments for children with varying abilities
➢ Adjustments for reluctant children
➢ How you plan to participate with the children
➢ Supervision requirements to ensure all children are safe

I am a little stuck on this question as im a little confused on what type of activity to use that supports all ages and stages
i thought about a obstacle course as i can use balancing beams of different widths and lengths, ladders of different angles and platforms at different heights etc but i am unsure if this is correct.
I also thought about water play or sand play but im not sure if there is an activity i can create with therse that supports the development of all ages and stages

please help i am so stuck
thanks in advance
Last edited by Lorina on Wed Mar 04, 2015 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lorina

Re: CHCECE003 - Promote physical activity

Post by Lorina » Tue Mar 03, 2015 5:24 am

I think your first thought of creating an obstacle course is a really good idea!

For the confident climbers you can create steeper ladders and balancing beams and for the beginners they can be lower and less steep. Under the balance beam you can add mats for those children wanting to jump off and then at the end of the balance beam maybe a small ladder for those children wanting to climb off. You can also set up skipping ropes along the ground to "balance on", children can jump, hop, walk, run along depending on their ability. You can also place tunnels to crawl through etc.

There is so much you can do with an obstacle course so it's a good idea to stick with that,

Hope this helps,

:geek:,
Lorina

bornnbrednz

Re: CHCECE003 - Promote physical activity

Post by bornnbrednz » Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:50 pm

thank you soooooooo much!!!! :D