CHCECE003 - Cultural preferences, please help me find information

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
aprilj

CHCECE003 - Cultural preferences, please help me find information

Post by aprilj » Sat Aug 20, 2016 1:14 pm

Hi everyone, I'm new to the group and I'm hoping someone may be able to point me in the right direction on this question.

Jai aged 5yrs attends the service 3 days per week Mum has asked that he keep his shoes and socks on when playing outside including the sandpit. Jai sees the other children taking off their shoes and requests to have his removed. What would you do to meet individual clothing needs and preferences of this family? (Please ensure you consult the NQF requirements and cultural preferences)

I am really struggling with this question I honestly don't even know where to start. I understand that Jai's mothers wishes must be respected but I have no idea how to handle this situation. Can someone please point me in the right direction of where to search this?

shantellealycex

Re: CHCECE003 - Cultural preferences, please help me find information

Post by shantellealycex » Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:55 pm

I'm also stuck on this question!
Did you end up getting any help with it?
I work in OOSH so I can explain alot of these circumstances to my chn without any issues...