CHCECE002 Ensure the health and safety of children

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
beccab28
Participator
Participator

CHCECE002 Ensure the health and safety of children

Post by beccab28 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 4:03 pm

Hello,

I have finished the first part of my assignment and would like some feed back. I only passed my last assignment, and was told I need more information and to show more of a understanding in my answers, I think I have shown this in this assignment. I am not sure if I am using the text book too much in my answers?

Any feed back would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Short answer questions.docx
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Lorina

Re: CHCECE002 Ensure the health and safety of children

Post by Lorina » Tue Mar 24, 2015 6:19 am

I'm surprised to hear that you only just passed your last assignment! I thought you did a great job!

You definitely added more information to your answers. They are very detailed so hopefully this is what your marker is looking for...

With the text book, as long as the information is in your own words and you're referencing then I think it's fine...

:geek:,
Lorina

beccab28
Participator
Participator

Post by beccab28 » Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:37 am

Hi Lorina,

Thank you for your reply. Some of it is my own words other is just parts of the book or research I have found that suits the questions.

I have referenced everything, I put a reference page at the end with everything that I have used.

beccab28
Participator
Participator

Post by beccab28 » Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:40 am

HI Lorina,

I have now finished my assignment if you are able to have a look?
VE0904290007_31207A_01.pdf
I am not to confident on case number 7?

Thank you for your help

regards
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:06 am

Hi Becca,

Had a read through your completed assignment and all seems great! The detailed you have provided is very thorough! Just a couple of things, in cse study 6 I noticed the following question:
6. Develop an individual Anaphylaxis Plan to display at the service for Neve. Ensure that you outline how to administer the EpiPen ® junior in your plan.
You may like to refer to the ‘Action Plan for Anaphylaxis’ in your textbook, ‘the early childhood educator for Certificate III’ to guide your answer. This action plan is also available on the Australasian Society of Clinical Immunology and Allergy (ASCIA) website, allergy.org.au/.

However, I didn't see a response to this. Just making sure that you haven't missed this question.

As for Cast Study 7, here are some more ideas:

Hooded jumper is not appropriate as it can cause suffocation to a young child while they are sleeping as the hood may cover the child's face. That could be a point to mention to the parent. However, you can suggest to the parent that once the child is inside you can remove the jacket until the child is outside again. You could also suggest that the child can be dressed in long sleeve top with a singlet underneath to keep the child warm.

Hope this helps:

Lorina

beccab28
Participator
Participator

Post by beccab28 » Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:50 am

Hi Lorina,

I did do one, I forgot to attached it.

Is this right?
ASCIA_Action_Plan_Anaphylaxis_EpiPen_Personal_2015.pdf

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Sat Mar 28, 2015 6:41 am

Yes that's the one! :thumbup:

Lorina

beccab28
Participator
Participator

Post by beccab28 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:55 am

Hello,

This one needs to be fully filled out, I have done one but I just don't feel like its right?

it says it needs to show how to apply a epi pen junior as well? Do I need to attached another lots of instructions?

HELP haha

thanks so much
ASCIA_Action_Plan_Anaphylaxis_EpiPen_Personal_2015.pdf

beccab28
Participator
Participator

Post by beccab28 » Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:50 am

Hu Lorina,

have you had a chance to look at this one?

thanks

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Wed Apr 01, 2015 1:48 pm

I had a search and the action plan you have attached is the recommended one to use. In the instructions it says that an EpiPen JR. can also be used even though it doesn't show it in the picture details. I'd go with this one...

Lorina

beccab28
Participator
Participator

Post by beccab28 » Wed Apr 01, 2015 3:00 pm

Hi Lorina,

Thank you, has it been filled out properly? there isn't anything I have forgotten to fill in is here?

thanks

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Wed Apr 01, 2015 3:20 pm

Besides the contact numbers and the doctor section, child photo... it's fine... Can you just make these details up for the sake of the plan? You can search for a photo of a child on Flickr.

Lorina

Bec14

Post by Bec14 » Wed May 02, 2018 10:56 am

hi i have just found the anaphylaxis epipen action plan and have downloaded it can anyone tell me how I can edit the side where the details go please

thanks rebecca

Kunj92

Post by Kunj92 » Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:02 pm

Hi there,
i urgently need help with this question

6. Develop an individual Anaphylaxis Plan to display at the service for Neve. Ensure that you outline how to administer the EpiPen ® Junior in your plan.
You may like to refer to the 'Action Plan for Anaphylaxis' in your textbook, 'The early childhood educator for Certificate III' to guide your answer. This action plan is also available on the Australasian Society of Clinical Immunology and Allergy (ASCIA) website, allergy.org.au/.

Can anyone help me with this plz?

Thanks
Kunj :(