CHCECE001 - Cultural Identity Of The Service

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
Jayjay95

CHCECE001 - Cultural Identity Of The Service

Post by Jayjay95 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:48 pm

Hello, i was wondering if some can please help me. im up to my last assessment for cert III and doing the online task 2 for develop cultural competence. the second question is:

"Think about your current workplace (early childhood education and care service). provide a brief overview of the cultural identity of children, families and the local community. State which standard from the NQS this information could relate to."
I'm having troubles working out how they are expecting me to answer. am i suppose to describe the differences of the children and how i notice their different cultures by the way they, speak etc or do i describe how we it is provided in the service and what we do to ensure that everyone culture is accepted and recognize.. is someone could please give me an example of how i should or how they would answer that would be great help to a good start so i know hoe to set my response out, thanks heaps in advanced for your help and time.

Lorina

Re: CHCECE001 - Cultural Identity Of The Service

Post by Lorina » Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:31 pm

Jayjay95 wrote:QR_BBPOST brief overview of the cultural identity of children, families and the local community

Yeah so you need to give an overview of the different cultures of children, families and community...

Cultural identity is the identity or feeling of belonging to a group. It is part of a person's self-conception and self-perception and is related to nationality, ethnicity, religion, social class, generation, locality or any kind of social group that has its own distinct culture.

:geek:,
Lorina

Jayjay95

Post by Jayjay95 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 2:03 pm

This was my answer but i wasn't sure if it was on the right tack or not.

A brief overview of the cultural identity of children, families, and the local community in the childcare service I am attending is
-Childcare: predominately Caucasian (white), quite a few aboriginals and between 3-6 (roughly) Europeans and Africans.
-local community: Caucasian, the aboriginal population is slightly higher than in a child care service, Africans, middle eastern and a large amount of Asians. Being a town with a university I tend to find that it is quite a multicultural town.
-Families: a combination of all of the above put together.
The standard from the NQS this information could relate to is Quality Area 6. Collaborative partnerships with families and communities, QA1: 1.1.2.

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:32 am

Ok, that's a start now you need to add religion, young or old etc. Also rather than saying Asians maybe you can specifically mention which country such as China, Japan, etc.

:geek:,
Lorina