CHCEC007 Scenario

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
Jesspryor
Participator
Participator

CHCEC007 Scenario

Post by Jesspryor » Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:55 pm

QUESTION: You are watching two toddlers working beside each other in the play kitchen area. There are four plates and four cups for them to play with. Zandra is setting four places at the table and Roddy is doing the dishes. Roddy is using two of the plates and three of the cups. Zandra takes one of Roddy’s plates and a cup and places them on the table. You notice Roddy scowl and he is heading toward the half-set table saying to Zandra “Give me all the plates and cups, I am washing up”.
ANSWERS:
a) How would you become involved in the play to guide the children positively?
im not sure because i would like the children to share and play fair but Zandra wants to set the table to eat and Roddy want to wash up?
b) What one interaction might you provide to role-model how the children can work together?
I'm not quite sure how to go about this as i don't want to take sides of the children so do i get Zandra to help Roddy wash up first or do i get Roddy to set up and pretend to eat first or do i give them equal plates and cups and let them set and wash up themselves at the same time?

c) What cues might tell you that the children need you to mediate?
Roddys' Scowl, that roddy's body language would appear angry as he walks to Zandra to get the other plate and cups and He would also have a tone in his voice while telling Zandra to "Give me all the plates and cups" is this right or is there anything i can add to this?

Any help is appreciated thank you.