CHCCS400C - Uphold The Rights Of A Child In Your Care

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
niddy71
Participator
Participator

CHCCS400C - Uphold The Rights Of A Child In Your Care

Post by niddy71 » Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:40 am

Hi,

Just wondering if this sounds ok...

10. Describe ways that you can uphold the rights of a child in your care, in keeping with the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child.

Answer....The best interests of the child-The best interest of the child is the primary consideration and we must ensure the child such protection and care for his/her wellbeing by taking into account there rights and duties of their parents/caregivers and also maintain their safety and health in a well maintain and with fully suitable staff and competent supervisors.

Source
Convention on the Rights of the Child . 2015. Convention on the Rights of the Child . [ONLINE] Available at:http://www.ohchr.org/en/professionalint ... s/crc.aspx. [Accessed 08 October 2015].

Lorina

Re: CHCCS400C - Uphold The Rights Of A Child In Your Care

Post by Lorina » Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:07 pm

It's a good start! You could also include:

Article 4 (Protection of rights)
Article 12 (Respect for the views of the child)
Article 13 (Freedom of expression)

Ref: Convention Of Rights - Overview

:geek:,
Lorina

niddy71
Participator
Participator

Post by niddy71 » Sat Oct 10, 2015 9:05 am

Thanks for that....
Will add some more today...

Nadine :-)

niddy71
Participator
Participator

Post by niddy71 » Mon Oct 12, 2015 6:37 pm

Hi..

Had to re answer this Q..

Does this sound better ??

I would uphold the child’s right by making sure that the child is able to access all their rights because they are still growing and learning and sometimes need extra protection to help them along because of their age.
Also any decision that is made or action taken that may affect the child, I would make sure to prioritise it so there best interest comes first and I would also provide the child with every opportunity to develop so that they reach their full potential. I will also take the time to listen to the child views and work with them to find the best way to solve their problems they may be facing.

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:43 pm

Yes! I think it sounds better since you have added those extra points! :thumbup:

:geek:,
Lorina