Watch

CHCCS4008 - Statutory Regulations for Policies and Procedures

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
razza1
Participator
Participator

CHCCS4008 - Statutory Regulations for Policies and Procedures

Post by razza1 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:14 am

Your Assignment Module Number and Heading: CHCCS400B work within a legal and ethical framework. HLTWH300A contribute to WHS process
Your Assignment Type: Standard Question
Currently Working in Childcare? No
Your knowledge: Beginner

Your Question?
What are the key statutory and regulatory requirements relevant to your work role and from which your policies and procedures would be developed?
You should be able to name key standards and regulations relating to work health and safety and early childhood education and care as well as other legislation that underpins the range of your policies and procedures.

What is your answer so far or What have you done so far as an attempt to solve this question?
There are many key regulatory requirements in early childhood education.
We must adhere to our services policy and procedures in relation to WHS, which are developed through incorporating guidelines like The National Quality Standards(NQS) and The Work, Health and Safety Act 2012.

Description and Message:
This is my only question left in this unit cluster and I am struggling to understand how to answer and what they are asking.
Do i copy paste all legislations? and where can i find these.
Thank you. :?
Last edited by Lorina on Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: topic heading has been edited

Lorina

Re: statutory regulations

Post by Lorina » Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:26 am

Copying and pasting the legislation and standards should be fine for this question as you will need to be specific. Just make sure you add a reference/source of where you found the specific legislation etc.

:geek:,
L.A

razza1
Participator
Participator

Re: CHCCS4008 - Statutory Regulations for Policies and Procedures

Post by razza1 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:33 am

Thank you do you recommend any sites to find these? and goodluck with birth of the baby. I have two under 2.5 they change your world. :)

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:58 pm

Check out the following:

http://deewr.gov.au/national-quality-fr ... d-progress
http://www.safework.sa.gov.au/show_page.jsp?id=2263
http://www.aifs.gov.au/nch/pubs/sheets/rs14/rs14.html

and goodluck with birth of the baby. I have two under 2.5 they change your world.

What a busy mum you are!

I am very excited. My due date is Sunday... It's Tuesday and nothing yet so I'm pretty sure that I will have my little one closer to the end of the week! Can't wait to finally meet my baby... :inlove:

:geek:,
L.A

razza1
Participator
Participator

Post by razza1 » Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:52 am

Thank you i will check these out..Hope all is going well L.A. :)
:P

jazy_15

Post by jazy_15 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:10 am

Hi ladies,
I'm pretty much in the same position, I've read through the NQS and the WA Childcare Acts, but I am struggling what to actually write down, is this question talking about our WWCC an d First Aid etc?? I did email my lecture to give a bit more of a definition but still awaiting reply and PANIC MODE is starting to set in.... Please help <3