CHCCN303A - Nutrition

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
Vezzi

CHCCN303A - Nutrition

Post by Vezzi » Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:30 pm

Hi, I would really appreciate some advice in regards to my assignment question:
'List the DOCS’s regulations and NCAC principles, which relate to food preparation and provision'. I then need to give examples of these in the menu plan I have done.
When I look up the DOC's website & NCAC principles, i find alot of principles and information ie: Principle 6.1: Staff promote healthy eating habits, however, as I can't provide an example of this on my menu plan, I don't think this is the answer.
I have found a Nutrition Checklist for Long Day care, is this the information required ie need to provide Beef/Lamb 4 times in a fortnight.
Many thanks, I have been sitting on this assignment for over 1 month now and am sure I am just over complicating it.

Lorina

Re: CHCCN303A - Nutrition

Post by Lorina » Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:20 am

Hi Vezzi,

For your question I had a look at the policy and procedures manual regarding food preparation and provision to see what I could come up with. There is a nutrition policy in the manual which refers to the following legislations: DOCS Children's Services Regulation, Food ACT 2003, QIAS (Quality Improvement and Accreditation System). However it doesn't list which part of the Regulation or the QIAS it is exactly referring too. I will attach a copy of the nutrition policy to give you an idea of examples you could use with your menu plan.

[attachment=0]Nutrition Policy.docx[/attachment]
i find alot of principles and information ie: Principle 6.1: Staff promote healthy eating habits, however, as I can't provide an example of this on my menu plan,

I think you may be on the right track... you will probably need to list the regulations and principles and provide examples. For Principle 6.1 you could mention that staff encourage children to eat during meal times, staff sit down and eat with the children during meal times etc...

Hopefully this should help get your assignment completed once and for all!!

Please let me know if you require anymore help,

Also would you please be able to tell me the module number for this assignment so I can edit the topic heading...

Cheers :geek:,
L.A
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Vezzi

Post by Vezzi » Sun Aug 28, 2011 2:55 pm

Thank you very much!!!!!!! Topic number is CHCCN303A

Thanks again,
Vez

cate8

Post by cate8 » Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:07 pm

Thank you so much L.A Ive been stuck on this question also!! the second part of the assignment in this module is much more straight forward I found :)

cate8

Post by cate8 » Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:11 pm

Id also like to say I will be financially contributing to this site, im very very happy to have found it! a fantastic resource for so many of us studying by flex delivery ( not my choice, if the cert 111 was held at our local tafe id be doing it that way! ) thank you thank you to the creators of this site :)

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:54 pm

cate8 wrote:Id also like to say I will be financially contributing to this site, im very very happy to have found it! a fantastic resource for so many of us studying by flex delivery ( not my choice, if the cert 111 was held at our local tafe id be doing it that way! ) thank you thank you to the creators of this site :)
Hi Cate8,

Thank you so much for your feedback... :mrgreen: We really appreciate your support and comments!

It's always nice to hear what our members think and we are so glad that you find this site useful. I know how challenging it can be working in early childhood and we just thought this site could create a community to support and guide each other.

If you would like to support the site with the development, you can use the donation feature on this site. Click on the link to go to Donation page.

Also, I wish you all the best for your certificate 3 and I'll see you around the site!

Thank you so much once again for your support and comments,

Cheers :geek:,
L.A

cate8

Post by cate8 » Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:07 pm

Aww thanks for the good wishes :) you guys are awesome!
Id like to say to all members of this site, please make a donation! just $5 is all thats requested! im sure most of us can spare that!
It'd be a terrible shame if the site had to close down due to lack of finances!