CHC30113 - Excluding Ill Children From Care

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
OldChook

CHC30113 - Excluding Ill Children From Care

Post by OldChook » Wed Sep 28, 2016 12:49 pm

Hi, I was wondering if I have answered this correctly, I am a little stuck on part B 3 precautions, I know I have read this information somewhere, and now I can't find it again, feeling frustrated.

18. You are required to consistently implement the service policies for the exclusion of ill children.
a) Name five (5) infectious diseases that would cause the center to exclude an ill child.
b) List three (3) precautions you should take if you suspect the child is infectious.

My answer so far:

a) Infectious diseases that would cause the centre to exclude a child
i. Chicken pox
ii. Impetigo
iii. Measles
iv. Hand foot and mouth
v. Influenza

b)Precautions to take if a child is suspected to be infectious
i. Good hygiene practices (particularly washing of hands before and after touching of the child,) to minimize or prevent the transmission of infection.

ii. Isolate the child from others and keep the child calm, and contact parents as soon as practicable.

iii. Wash hands before touching another child.

am I on the right track do I need to add or delete or change anything, can you point me in the right direction.

Thanks! Kind regards OldChook

Lorina

Re: CHC30113 - Excluding Ill Children From Care

Post by Lorina » Wed Sep 28, 2016 7:22 pm

Yes, you're on the right track!

Here is some more info:

Staying Healthy In Childcare

:geek:,
Lorina

OldChook

Re: CHC30113 - Excluding Ill Children From Care

Post by OldChook » Thu Sep 29, 2016 3:49 pm