Certificate III - Q10 - Matching Experiences

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
Cassandra23

Certificate III - Q10 - Matching Experiences

Post by Cassandra23 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:26 pm

Hello Again!!

I have a question I would love some help with please. I am currently studying online and I have asked for help about a week ago but unfortunately have not had a response and now I'm running out of time as my course is due to end.
Sorry this may appear quite an easy one but I'm overthinking everything right now and I am struggling with this.
This is matching experiences with statements and these are my answers below. Can somebody please tell me where I am going wrong. :think:

1.Support children to understand and accept responsibility for their own actions : Asking a preschool child to assist you in cleaning equipment they have drawn on
2.Create opportunities for one on one interactions: Talking and singing to a baby during nappy change time
3.Model care, empathy and respect for children: hug and reassure a staff member
4. Join in play and social experiences with other children:Encouraging preschoolers to make a cubby as a group
5. Assist or support children when they are having difficulty understanding each other:Sitting with two toddlers and assisting them in building a block tower that one of them keeps knocking over
6. Model language that children can use to express ideas and negotiate roles:use open ended questions such as "what would you like to use" and "what would you like to play?"
7. Assist children to develop trusting relationships with educators:sit on the floor and embrace and acknowledge babies as they arrive
8. Encourage children to respect and regard each others differences:use mirrors to discuss and examine childrens differences
9. Offer children play choices and respect children’s choice to observe: read a story to a toddler and allow others to join in when they feel comfortable.

Thanks so much in advance!!

Lorina

Re: Certificate III - Q10 - Matching Experiences

Post by Lorina » Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:24 pm

Ok could it be the following:

2.Create opportunities for one on one interactions: sit on the floor and embrace and acknowledge babies as they arrive

and

7. Assist children to develop trusting relationships with educators: Talking and singing to a baby during nappy change time

The rest of your responses seem fine!

:geek:,
Lorina