Cert 3 Legal Cluster CHCLEG001, CHCECE009, CHCPRT001

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
Breewright23

Cert 3 Legal Cluster CHCLEG001, CHCECE009, CHCPRT001

Post by Breewright23 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:16 pm

Hi, Im doing legal cluster at the moment and i am stuck on a few questions.

I am doing case studies at the moment, one is about I am in charge of a group of 3-4 year olds and one of the children kicks his ball over the fence. There is only a small group of children so you decide to jump the fence and collect the ball and you were not gone for more than a minute and could see the group through the fence.

Q1 - Education and Care services national regulations - which regulation are they in breach of?

I have read the entire thing and still cannot seem to find anything unless i am missing something.

Q3 - Which service policies and procedures are they in breach of?

Another case study

You are at the local shopping centre on the weekend when one of the parents from your service approaches you and says that one of the staff from your service has lost their license for drink-driving. This staff member has driven to work for the past week. This parent asks you not to say anything because the staff member told her this in confidence one night. The parent said that she has disclosed this to you as she is concerned for the staff members’ safety.

Q1 - What is the dilemma? and how to deal with the information?
Q2 - what are the legal and ethical concerns for the worker who lost her license, the parent who disclosed the information and the staff member who had the information disclosed to her?
Q5 - How would you ensure you maintain confidentiality in this situation ?
Q7- what are the risks of not doing anything with the parents disclosure?

Haylee

Re: Cert 3 Legal Cluster CHCLEG001, CHCECE009, CHCPRT001

Post by Haylee » Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:09 pm

Hey Breewright23,

Did you ever hear back from anyone re your questions, I'm on that scenario now too and having the same problems.

I can't find it and have read everything so many times. Perhaps we've both missed something.

Hope you got your answers!

Lorina

Re: Cert 3 Legal Cluster CHCLEG001, CHCECE009, CHCPRT001

Post by Lorina » Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:14 pm

For the first scenario:

Supervision
Ratio
Safety Risk

For the second scenario:

The parent should have expressed concern at the service.
Educator should have disclosed this information to Director, however, may have been humiliated by doing so. Could have arranged another option to get to work.
The staff member would have to tell the Educator that she knows about the loss of license or offer an alternate arrangement to get the educator to work or advice parent to tell the educator that they need to make alternative arrangements to work or they will tell the Director.
Maintain Confidentiality by only keeping this information to those on a need to know basis only.

Hope this gives you some ideas!

:geek:,
Lorina