cert 3

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
kiralee01

cert 3

Post by kiralee01 » Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:46 pm

This question ive been stuck on for awhile, I'm actually having this problem at work with one of my babies and I don't know what to do, my room leader usually takes her around the centre to meet everyone so she becomes familiar with the people she will constantly be around but that so far isn't working some help with this question would be great thank you!! :)

4 year old Ayesha started at your service a week ago and is suffering from separation anxiety from her family. Various educators have tried to encourage Ayesha to join in the activities each day, but she does not want to participate in anything and shows no interest in interacting with any of the children. Ayesha seems to be comfortable when she is with you she does not fret when with you but will no go to any other educators and wants to dit on your lap and hold your hand all day you
need to prepare lunch

JesstheHufflepuff

Re: cert 3

Post by JesstheHufflepuff » Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:54 pm

Hi kiralee,

I have a suggestion, how about asking her what interests she likes and what activities she participates in. Does she have a comforter (special toy, blanket or other object from home) that would help her while her parents are away?

Your readings should also have some ideas as well. You said you needed to prepare lunch? These ideas may help her for a while so you can prepare lunch and come back to her when you have finished.

I hope this helps!
Jess.