Catering Food For Child With Special Needs

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
Veron
Participator
Participator

Catering Food For Child With Special Needs

Post by Veron » Tue May 23, 2017 4:10 pm

In a child care service, you will need to cater for children’s individual dietary needs.
a)Explain how the centre obtains information regarding children’s specific dietary needs, food allergies or intolerances and who the information comes from.
b)Once this information has been obtained, describe the process for identifying children who have specific dietary needs, food allergies or intolerances.
c)Explain why it is important that these children be identified.
d)Explain what you would do if there was no policy to identify, manage and monitor children who have special dietary needs.

Answer:
(C) Food allergies, cultural and religious preferences, and vegetarian diets are common issues in a child care program. Child care providers, centre directors, and parents need to work together in order to ensure that children with special dietary needs receive appropriate foods. When a child with a food allergy ingests that food, he may have an allergic reaction. Allergic reactions range from mild skin sensitivity to very severe symptoms, including difficulty breathing. Because food allergies can be dangerous, or even life-threatening in some cases, child care providers must be aware of all allergies in the children in their classroom or care group.Furthermore , we have to respect the child’s difference religion and cultural background .

Not very sure my answer for c correct or not. Appreciate if anyone could help me on this.

Thank you.

Lorina

Re: Catering Food For Child With Special Needs

Post by Lorina » Thu May 25, 2017 12:19 am

Yes, you're on the right track with your responses... Have you done the others?

:geek:,
Lorina

Veron
Participator
Participator

Post by Veron » Thu May 25, 2017 12:23 am

Hi Lorina,

Thank you very much . Yes , I have answered others. I'm stuck with another question , approximately formula requirement for infant ?

Veron
Participator
Participator

Post by Veron » Mon May 29, 2017 6:55 pm

Hi Lorina ,

Thank you very much . I got it.

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Tue May 30, 2017 1:44 pm

You're welcome!

:geek:,