Baby Healthy Eating

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
Raheel@

Baby Healthy Eating

Post by Raheel@ » Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:32 am

Good Morning Lorina,

Hope you well. I have been following your posts since last six months. I am doing my Certificate 3 in Childcare.I have submitted my workbook Physical and Emotional well being and have been asked to revise a few things. Following answers are the revised ones. Could you please let me know if I am right. I am running out of time and want this to be deemed satisfactory by the Rto soon.
1- The nacho corn chips are not good for baby’s health as they are fried. They can also pose a choking risk and also come under discretionary items. In addition to that, cheese can cause allergies because it contains milk protein which can be made out of cow’s milk/ this processed cheese is likely to contain artificial flavours/additives.
2-Small, round and sticky sultanas and cheese sticks are not good for a baby because of choking risk. If cheese sticks are made out of unpasteurised cow's milk then they are not good for a baby due to risk of infections. Par-boiled carrot can pose the risk of choking and should be offered to the baby when well-cooked and mashed (Source: Eat for Health: Infant Feeding Guidelines -Information for Health Workers, 2012).
3-A baby can be introduced to safe and healthy foods from different cultures given they belong to each of the five food groups and are aligned with the Australian Dietary Guidelines. That means these foods should meet nutritional, physiological and developmental needs of babies by containing adequate amounts of iron, zinc, fat, protein, vitamins and other essential minerals. This practice will encourage infants to explore and accept new flavours/textures (Source: EAT FOR HEALTH, Infant Feeding Guidelines Information for health workers, 2012).
3-A baby can be given a spoon to eat yoghurt. This will enable the baby to learn self-feeding skills. From about 7 months onwards, the babies should be encouraged to do so under the supervision of a carer.
4-Feeding baby safe healthy food from different cultures- A baby can be introduced to safe and healthy foods from different cultures given they belong to each of the five food groups and are aligned with the Australian Dietary Guidelines. That means these foods should meet nutritional, physiological and developmental needs of babies by containing adequate amounts of iron, zinc, fat, protein, vitamins and other essential minerals. This practice will encourage infants to explore and accept new flavours/textures (Source: EAT FOR HEALTH, Infant Feeding Guidelines Information for health workers, 2012).

Waiting for your response.

Kind Regards,
Raheela.

Lorina

Re: Baby Healthy Eating

Post by Lorina » Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:19 pm

Hi Raheela,

Nice to meet you! :wave:

Your responses seem fine but what exactly is the question just so I know if you need to add more info. Also, I noticed that your responses to 3 and 4 are the same...

:geek:,
Lorina

Raheel@

Post by Raheel@ » Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:43 pm

Hi Lorina,

Thank you so much for your reply.
Yes, you are right, I wrote response:3 twice by mistake. Sorry about the confusion.

I have resubmitted the question with clarity. Could you please have a look again.

Kind Regards,
Raheela.

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:57 pm

Yes, I also re-read your question and added a response in your other topic you had posted.

Food and Nutrition

:geek:,
Lorina