Administering medication to a child with asthma

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
shree

Administering medication to a child with asthma

Post by shree » Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:00 pm

Hi,
I have got a question,
What are the legal requirements in regards to administering medication to a child with asthma.
Could some one please advice do I need to write down steps how to actually give medicine or need to mention policies. Like legal requirement to have training:
minimum standard for training (at least one person on duty at any time must have current approved training in Emergency Asthma Management) and give direction regarding first aid kits, medication management, record keeping, working with families and other carers, and risk management.
Asthma Management qualification as required; Asthma Emergency Kits (AEKs), which include salbutamol medication, a spacer and mask are available to administer asthma first aid; asthma first aid posters are publicly displayed; and staff and families can access asthma information. Policies at the service are also Asthma Friendly.

Could you please advise what exactly I need to cover for this question.

Thanks.

Lorina

Re: Administering medication to a child with asthma

Post by Lorina » Sun Mar 26, 2017 1:52 pm

See if the following helps:

Medication Policy

:geek:,
Lorina

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Sun Mar 26, 2017 1:53 pm

This policy is specific to asthma:

Asthma Policy

Lorina

shree

Post by shree » Sun Mar 26, 2017 2:24 pm

Thanks Lorina for reply. Sorry I didn't follow correct format of asking question, as I checked after sending my question on forum. For next time I know now.

Thanks again

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:28 pm

No, no problem! You did it fine!

Lorina