Abuse Indicators And Longer Term Child Protection Issues

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
whollymolly

Abuse Indicators And Longer Term Child Protection Issues

Post by whollymolly » Wed Oct 05, 2016 6:33 pm

hi
i need some help...
the question is :
• For each of the forms of abuse below list a minimum of three (3) of their indicators:
hitting
shaking
throwing

• What are the longer term child protection issues you need to be aware of for each form of abuse?
MY answer referring for those 3 -- Physical abuse does not always leave visible marks or injuries. It is not how bad the mark or injury is, but rather the act itself that causes injury or trauma to the child.

whollymolly

Re: childcare cert 3

Post by whollymolly » Wed Oct 05, 2016 6:37 pm

i changed my answers to this... are they correct?

1. Bruises and welts.
2. Fractures.
3. Burns and Scalds
1. These may appear on the face, back, bottom, genitals and arms. Bruises or welts in unusual configurations may pattern the instrument used to inflict them, for example: hand or fingerprints or the linear marks of a cane. Clusters bruises and bruises of various colours may indicate repeated abuse, although it is difficult to date a bruise according to its colour. Bruising on babies and young children is of significant concern
2. Any fracture in a child under the age of two years is a serious concern. Fractures are not often detected without xray, although the child may have a swollen joint and appear to be in pain or irritable.
3. These may show the shapes of the item used to inflict them. For example, iron, grill, cigarette burns. Other types of burns include boiling water, oil or flame burns.

whollymolly

Post by whollymolly » Wed Oct 05, 2016 6:42 pm

i am stuck with each of their Longer Term Protection Issues

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Thu Oct 06, 2016 4:56 am

whollymolly wrote:i changed my answers to this... are they correct?

1. Bruises and welts.
2. Fractures.
3. Burns and Scalds
1. These may appear on the face, back, bottom, genitals and arms. Bruises or welts in unusual configurations may pattern the instrument used to inflict them, for example: hand or fingerprints or the linear marks of a cane. Clusters bruises and bruises of various colours may indicate repeated abuse, although it is difficult to date a bruise according to its colour. Bruising on babies and young children is of significant concern
2. Any fracture in a child under the age of two years is a serious concern. Fractures are not often detected without xray, although the child may have a swollen joint and appear to be in pain or irritable.
3. These may show the shapes of the item used to inflict them. For example, iron, grill, cigarette burns. Other types of burns include boiling water, oil or flame burns.
Yes, you're on the right track with your response!

:geek:,
Lorina

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Thu Oct 06, 2016 4:59 am

whollymolly wrote:i am stuck with each of their Longer Term Protection Issues
See if the following attachment helps:

Longer Term Child Protection Issues

:geek:,
Lorina

whollymolly

Re: Abuse Indicators And Longer Term Child Protection Issues