5 Objectives Of Sun Smart Policy

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
jia19

5 Objectives Of Sun Smart Policy

Post by jia19 » Sun Jul 24, 2016 2:33 pm

What are the five objectives of the Sun Smart policy?

i answered following:
This SunSmart policy provides guidelines to:
• Ensure all children, educators and staff have some UV exposure for vitamin D.
• Ensure all children, educators and staff are well protected from too much UV exposure by using a combination of sun protection measures during the daily local sun protection times (issued whenever UV levels are 3 and above).
• Ensure the outdoor environment is sun safe and provides shade for children, educators and staff.
• Ensure children are encouraged and supported to develop independent sun protection skills.
• Support duty of care and regulatory requirements

but its wrong they sent me back to redo

now i find out it could be these:

Healthy physical environment
1. Seek shade(QA 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
• Management makes sure there is a sufficient number of shelters and trees providing shade in the outdoor areaparticularly in high-use areas.
• The availability of shade is considered when planning all outdoor activities.
• Children are encouraged to choose and use available areas of shade when outside.
• Children who do not have appropriate hats or outdoor clothing are asked to choose a shady play space or a suitable area protected from the sun.
• A shade assessment is conducted regularly to determine the current availability and quality of shade.

Healthy social environment
2. Slip on sun protective clothing(QA 1, 2, 4, 5)
• Children are required to wear loose-fitting clothing that covers as much skin as possible. Clothing made from cool, densely woven fabric is recommended. Tops with elbow-length sleeves, and if possible, collars and knee-length or longer style shorts and skirts are best. If a child is not wearing sun-safe clothing (e.g. a singlet top or shoestring dress) they will be required to choose a t-shirt/shirt to wear over the top before going outdoors.
3. Slap on a hat(QA 1, 2, 4, 5)
• All children are required to wear hats that protect their face, neck and ears (legionnaire, broad-brimmed or bucket style). Peak caps and visors are not considered a suitable alternative.
4. Slop on sunscreen(QA 1, 2, 4, 5)
• SPF30 (or higher) broad-spectrum, water-resistant sunscreen is supplied by the service and/or families.
• Sunscreen is applied at least 20 minutes (where possible) before going outdoors and reapplied every TWO hours.
• To help develop independent skills ready for school, children from 3 years of age are given opportunities and encouraged to apply their own sunscreen under supervision of staff.
5. Slide on sunglasses [if practical](QA 1, 2, 4, 5)
• Where practical, children are encouraged to wear close fitting, wrap-around sunglasses that meet the Australian Standard 1067 (Sunglasses: Category 2, 3 or 4) and cover as much of the eye area as possible.

But i have a doubt that its the procedure that how it should be follow .... i am not sure

Lorina

Re: 5 Objectives Of Sun Smart Policy

Post by Lorina » Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:39 am

Yes, you're right!

EC Sample Policy

:geek:,
Lorina

jia19

Re: 5 Objectives Of Sun Smart Policy

Post by jia19 » Sun Jul 31, 2016 4:40 pm

Thank you

one more question

Some States and Territories in Australia follow jurisdiction specific declared approved frameworks, rather than the national approved framework.
Identify the learning framework which is relevant to the early education and care services in your State/Territory

I live in Darwin... NT.... i could not find any answer for it.

Some States and Territories in Australia follow jurisdiction specific declared approved frameworks, rather than the national approved framework.
• Australian Capital Territory: Every Chance to Learn—Curriculum Framework for ACT Schools Preschool to Year 10
• Victoria: Victorian Early Years Learning and Development Framework, Department of Education and Victorian Curriculum and Assessment Authority
• Western Australia: Curriculum Framework for Kindergarten to Year 12 Education in Western Australia
• Tasmania: Tasmanian Curriculum, Department of Education of Tasmania, 2008.
• All other states and territories follow the EYLF.