CSU bachelor of education (0-5) ACECQA Advice

General discussions on topics related to Bachelor of Early Childhood studies.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What

IMPORTANT: Do not post Assignment Questions in this forum. This forum is for general questions related to Bachelor Degree in Early Childhood. Please refer to Bachelor Degree Assignment Support Forum for questions related to Assignments!
ccSA

CSU bachelor of education (0-5) ACECQA Advice

Post by ccSA » Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:22 am

I've recently enrolled in the Bachelor of Education (Birth - 5) at CSU.

However, I looked on the ACECQA qualification list and this particular degree is listed as an approved ECT degree, but can someone please clarify what the stuff written under 'Date Qualification Awarded' means?

Qualification Level: ECT
Awarding Institution: Charles Sturt University
Qualification Name: Bachelor of Education (Birth to Five Years)
Qualification Code: 3409BC

** Date Qualification Awarded: Any date if enrolled prior to 1 January 2017 **

Where Qualification is approved: National

Alsooo can anyone share their experience studying onlines/distance with CSU. Are there a lot of exams, essays?

Lorina

Re: CSU bachelor of education (0-5) ACECQA Advice

Post by Lorina » Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:46 am

I just checked the ACECQA qualification list and "Date Qualification Awarded" - means "the latest date you must of held or commenced this qualification". It does mention prior to Jan 2017, so I'm not too sure since you are enrolled in this course whether or not if this qualification is approved by ACECQA since you have enrolled after Jan 2017.

I'm going to contact ACECQA and find out some more information and what this means.

I'll let you know once I hear back...

Try not to worry, I'll find out more for you!

:geek:,
Lorina

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:46 am

I've also sent you a pm of the above...

Lorina

ccSA

Post by ccSA » Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:55 pm

I've contacted CSU. One of their representatives told me that the course could possibly be going through the re-accreditation process...

She wasn't too sure though, maybe ACECQA's response will be more definite.

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:04 am

It's a bit frustrating when the uni's representative isn't sure... they really should know shouldn't they...

I'm still waiting...

Lorina

staceyP

Post by staceyP » Tue Jan 24, 2017 3:13 pm

I'm about to start through swinburn online and there was 'something' the guy mentioned to me regarding enrolling prior to jan '17 especially with the cost. anyway, good luck with it :)

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:06 pm

I received information from ACECQA and here is what they said:
The 'date qualification awarded' column on the approved qualifications list specifies a date you would need to have enrolled by to be counted as an educator or an early childhood teacher. If the 'date qualification awarded' column states 'if enrolled any date prior to 1 January 2017,' then you would need to have enrolled in that qualification before 1 January 2017 to be counted as a person that is actively working towards an approved qualification. This also means that on completion of this qualification, you will not need to have your qualifications assessed by ACECQA for equivalency. However, if you choose to enrol into that course any time after 1 January 2017, you will not be counted as actively working towards an approved qualification and will not be counted as an educator or ECT completion of the qualification unless your qualification is assessed and approved as equivalent by ACECQA. You may wish to review the lists of approved qualifications and make an appropriate choice should you decide to do further study.

Hope this helps!

Lorina

LeahMc

Post by LeahMc » Sat Feb 04, 2017 6:16 pm

Hi, I am doing the degree through CSU, and got an email from them 3/2 to say the course - Birth to 5 yrs , has been approved for a further 5 years. ACECQA only approve all courses for a period of 5 years at a time.

Hope this helps

Leah

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Sun Feb 05, 2017 3:08 pm

LeahMc wrote:Hi, I am doing the degree through CSU, and got an email from them 3/2 to say the course - Birth to 5 yrs , has been approved for a further 5 years. ACECQA only approve all courses for a period of 5 years at a time.

Hope this helps

Leah

Thanks for the information Leah! :thumbup:

Lorina