Will completing a bachelor make it harder to be employed

General discussions on topics related to Bachelor of Early Childhood studies.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What

IMPORTANT: Do not post Assignment Questions in this forum. This forum is for general questions related to Bachelor Degree in Early Childhood. Please refer to Bachelor Degree Assignment Support Forum for questions related to Assignments!
erinsealey

Will completing a bachelor make it harder to be employed

Post by erinsealey » Mon Oct 05, 2015 5:15 pm

Hi, I was just wondering about wages if anyone knows. I know the more qualified you are the higher you can get paid. I'm currently studying my diploma and have applied to uni for a bachelor next year. What I am wondering is if I become bachelor qualified and apply for a job that is at a diploma level and thats the highest level they need, will I be too expensive to employ for that position (compared to a diploma only qualified person) just because of my qualifications or can I get paid for my position etc thanks :)

Lorina

Re: Will completing a bachelor make it harder to be employed

Post by Lorina » Tue Oct 06, 2015 6:07 am

I actually think the opposite! Having a degree will give you much more opportunities. Services need to have ECT's employed based on their licensing and you will have an opportunity to be employed as a Director as well. A first year qualified ECT is paid similar to a Diploma... Differences are as an ECT, your salary increases each year and you have an opportunity to earn more based on your position.

You have made the right decision to study the degree!

:geek:,
Lorina