Master of teaching?

General discussions on topics related to Bachelor of Early Childhood studies.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What

IMPORTANT: Do not post Assignment Questions in this forum. This forum is for general questions related to Bachelor Degree in Early Childhood. Please refer to Bachelor Degree Assignment Support Forum for questions related to Assignments!
Lynster

Master of teaching?

Post by Lynster » Tue Apr 05, 2016 11:17 am

Does anyone know anything about graduate entry masters in teaching? There seems to be a few available and I think equates to an early childhood teacher qualification. I just wonder as it's not a topic here is it quite new? Is it considered a good qualification in childcare circles?

Stacey Louise

Re: Master of teaching?

Post by Stacey Louise » Tue Apr 19, 2016 3:21 pm

Hi Lynster,

I'm currently completing my Masters of Teaching birth-12yrs. This was a pathway from my Bachelor degree.
Universities require students to have already completed a degree before stepping up into masters.
Masters degree is a four-year degree, while bachelor of education is usually three years. Therefore, Masters of Teaching will be paid more as you would have obtained extensive knowledge about early childhood education. At the end of this course, you will be a qualified Early Childhood Teacher (ECT), as would a Bachelor of Education graduate.

I personally believe Masters of Teaching is a great qualification as you will obtain extensive knowledge about children in the early years. This is the second highest degree you can obtain at University.

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Tue Apr 19, 2016 7:01 pm

Good on you, to both of you for pursuing further education to continue onto a Masters. That's a great achievement and I'm sure you will have plenty of opportunities once you have completed it! :thumbup: :clap:

:geek:,
Lorina

burgerbunz
Participator
Participator

Post by burgerbunz » Thu Oct 06, 2016 3:55 pm

Interested to know where you are studying your Masters, I'm with Australian Catholic University.