Personal Philosophy

Forum for students doing their Bachelor of Early Childhood Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
sepideh.foroughi

Personal Philosophy

Post by sepideh.foroughi » Tue May 17, 2016 7:48 pm

Hi Lorina
Can you please help me in writing a person philosophy about the arts?
Thanks

Lorina

Re: Personal Philosophy

Post by Lorina » Thu May 19, 2016 10:50 am

Writing a personal philosophy is a great way for others to read what your values and beliefs are in regards to early childhood education. It is a little hard at the beginning to get started especially if you don't know where to begin. Below is a sample of a personal philosophy which I came across in my resources. This should give you an idea of where to start...
The early years of a child’s life are busy. I believe learning is happening all the time and is interwoven through all developmental domains. These include: physical, social/emotional, cognitive and communication. Therefore, the goal of my program is to make this ongoing learning experience safe, positive, and fun, nurturing the whole child as I strive to guide them into the next stage of development with confidence in themselves and an excitement for continued learning.

Children need the assurance of being loved and cared for while they are enjoying an educational environment. Teaching children is my passion. Security and trust are very important components as well, of my relationship with each child.

I believe young children are very concerned about themselves and the small world they live in: family and home. However, each child is unique with different interests, backgrounds, and developmental stages.

In planning my program I would strive for a developmentally appropriate, child-centered atmosphere where children have the opportunity to master new challenges through activities and topics that are meaningful to them, thus building their self esteem as they develop and learn.

Children should be given choices, responsibilities, and opportunities to initiate their own learning. I believe observations and assessments are excellent tools to use when planning curriculum. Observations not only aide in creating the curriculum but also give insight into the development, knowledge and skill levels of each individual child.

I believe the environment plays a major role in the success of an early childhood program. It should enhance the children’s interests in all developmental domains. I believe learning in an early childhood environment is done most successfully through stations that can be visited, explored, and revisited again and again. The environment should take into consideration the social skills, communication skills, physical abilities or challenges, and learning styles of the children being served.

I consider families a vital aspect of my program. Parents who are able to spend time in the classroom occasionally are more aware of the details of their child’s day. Observing what goes on first hand helps a parent know what to ask the child at the end of the school day.

Hope this helps,

:geek:,
Lorina