EDU10002: Understanding Language and Literacy

Support forum for students doing their Bachelor of Early Childhood Studies.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What

IMPORTANT: When requesting support for Assignment Questions, please add your attempted answer (or) tell us what you think would be the answer even if you are unsure so others can guide you from there. There are more chances that someone will reply to your topic if you add your attempt to your questions.
sulodas
Nickname: sulo

EDU10002: Understanding Language and Literacy

Postby sulodas » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:22 pm

Hi,
I have just started my Bachelors. Need a little help with my first assignment.

"What roles do nature and nurture play in children’s language development"? is the question.
So according to my knowledge,

Introduction
"Even though Children are born with minimum language skills, depending on the environment they are starting to learn from the birth. In the first phase of their life, children are learning their language through use, without any formal instruction. The environment itself is also a significant factor. Children learn the specific variety of language (dialect) that the important people around them speak. It is possible that first language acquisition includes speech imitation. but Children always choose what to imitate from the language heard. Normally
Starting to talk 12-18 months
make a complex sentence by age 4
By age 3 they gain most of their elemental language and able to build up a conversation."

And then I need a little help with the body of my essay. Should I go with the age or components of language?
Please help me

Lorina

Re: EDU10002: Understanding Language and Literacy

Postby Lorina » Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:20 pm

Good start! The following may also help:

Language and Cognition
Language Nature Vs Nurture
Language Theories

:geek:,
Lorina
Check out our Resources: Articles | Activities | Printables & Worksheets | EYLF Templates
Documentation App for Educators: Appsessment - Childcare App

Return to “Bachelor of Early Childhood Studies - Assignments Support”