Increase a child's memory and concentration through this simple game.
- Assortment of objects.
- A tray.
- A cloth to cover the objects.
What to do:
- Start the game with three items. As the toddlers become more adequate, you could add more items.
- Place three objects on a tray.
- Get the child to look and name each object on the tray.
- Once the children have seen and named each object, cover the tray with a tea towel.
- Have the children close their eyes and remove couple of the items while the tray is covered with the tea towel.
- Once the objects is removed, reveal the tray.
- Ask the child to open their eyes and see if they can tell you what's missing from the tray.
- Then try again varying the game by taking more items away each time and possibly adding more as well.
Hints and Tips:
- For older children place more objects on the tray.
- If your child can write, place objects on the tray, get your child to memorize the objects for a minute or so, cover the objects up and have your child write down as many objects as they can remember.